Five

The bats fluttered in the cave they were in. It was not the pristine, cold, and robotic Batcave Barry visited on his Earth. It was just that: a cave filled with bats, with a few floodlights and a table.
The copper wires were now bundled all across the generator, after they tapped into the Manor's main power lines, while Cyborg needed to man whatever computer he could find. Barry wanted to remain as calm as possible while Batman finished on the final touches of the chair that Barry would be attached to soon. He kept reminding himself he survived it once, but, really it was a freak accident. A one in one millionth chance that he survived the thunderbolt. Batman had his reservation from the start and he wasn't afraid to let people know.
"This is ridiculous. I'm helping you make an electric chair."
"Listen Batman," called out Cyborg, "we have to try it. We need to trust him."
"Why are you so involved in this? What's the benefit? If this fails, we'll be one man short. And the man we lost isn't even anything that impressive."
Barry answered, "You'll be eating those words soon enough Batman. Besides, Cyborg trusts me. Why do you trust him?"
"I've been practically begging him to help out," said Cyborg, "but he doesn't get involved. I'm glad he's helping out now, though."
"Don't get used to it." Batman drilled one last bolt and said, "Allen, take a seat. Cyborg, are you finished?"
Barry obeyed and sat upright in this chair and a chill went down his spine when Cyborg said, "Just a few more lines of code and we're good."
One tap of a keyboard and a large hum of energy began rising in pitch. Cyborg said, "Capacitors are close to 30,000 amps."
"You look nervous," Batman said to Barry.
It was unexpected the first time he ever achieved the power of Speed Force. Now he was allowing himself to get electrocuted, shocked, overstimulated beyond any sense of the word, and he willingly accepted this fate.
Regardless if he was going to live or die.
He would die trying.
Barry sighed and said, "I am nervous."
Batman attached the belts across his wrists and stomach. "Did you want to quit while you're ahead?"
Barry chuckled. "If I quit now, I'll never get back home."
"You could die."
"It's not about how hard you fall, it's about how quickly you get back up."
"Hmph...Not afraid of dying?"
"Someone who wasn't afraid of dying told me that."
"He's a smart man."
"He is...my Earth's Batman."
This Batman froze for just a second and then continued with his work wordlessly.
Batman nodded, said, "I think that's it, then," and then walked to Cyborg.
Cyborg kept tapping on his keyboard and said, "What changed Batman? Why are you still helping me?"
Batman stayed quiet.
"A month ago, you were ready to kill me and every other MetaHuman in Gotham you could find. Why help him? Why help me?"
Batman growled, "Because there's a one percent chance that that man that's sitting in that chair, strapped to a machine that could kill a man 50 times over....is from a world where my son is alive. What father wouldn't want the sliver of a chance to see them again?"
Cyborg reminded him, "If...he makes it."