Thirteen

One more supersonic slam to the stomach and Flash fell to his knees. Reverse Flash grabbed his chin and pointed to the overcast sky. He shook his head. "Hey, now! You can't sleep yet or you'll miss the fireworks."
Flash looked up and gasped. It was a long plume of smoke that curved.
A bright light.
Brighter than the sun.
Screaming across the sky.
Reverse Flash smiled at the thought of the destruction. "And you have no one left to blame except yourself, Barry. You did this."
Flash coughed, "But...you'll die too."
"I've lived my life in microseconds. Seen countless lives. Flash's, Reverse Flash's. If you die and I die, well...that's just the way things will end, isn't it? As long as you still have breath in your lungs, I will exist. No matter what you do, you'll never be able to save everyone."
Flash yelled and lashed out at Reverse Flash but he disappeared like a ghost and appeared feet away unscathed.
"Still have some fight left? This world is doomed! That's a nuke, Barry...and not even you can outrun that."
But the moment he uttered this last syllable, the sound of a bullet rang out and he began to shudder and choke. Flash looked up and saw a gaping hole where his Reverse Flash's head was.
Point blank range.
Batman whispered, "Outrun that."
Finally after falling to the ground, Batman grabbed his bleeding side and Flash helped him lay on the ground. Flash began to whimper, "I'm sorry, Batman... it's over! I couldn't help anyone! I've ruined everything! It's....it's the end. I've ruined everything."
Batman said, "No, Allen. You gave us something that I could never give this world." He weakly pointed to the sky at the missle.
"Hope."

He buried his fingers into the cone. The metal plates bent and tore like cardboard.
His body ached but it was a good ache, because he was using muscles he never used before. Kicking his feet, the bomb was beginning to change course. The sounds of crunching metal and whistling air past his ears. He gritted his teeth and began to push harder than ever before. With a powerful yell, the entire missile began to rise with him.

The armies of Atlanteans and Amazon women continued their bloodshed. It is still debated exactly who dropped their weapons first. But the truth of the matter was this: when the men and women looked above their heads and saw the large missile being suspended by a thin man with a red K across his chest, there was no debating it. The had no reason to fight. They had no reason to argue. They simply stopped and stared, awestruck. When his legs touched the ground, the armies parting and surrounded him, the most alien of them all K, Kal-El, whatever he was to be called in this world. And not only did appear suddenly and dramatically, he saved them suddenly. With no warning or reason.
Were they meant to be saved? Distracted by their own meddling affairs, they could've have died among the sulfur and ash of an atomic bomb and yet...
With a guttural roar, Kal-El bent his legs and rose with incredible speed towards the sky, the missle with him until he reached the stratosphere and allowed it to drift into space.
Eventually, it would detonate.
Far from what he considered his home.
The silence of the world after witnessing such a miracle was indescribable.
Haunting.
And yet, nothing more could be said.
Shaken to its core, both armies called a truce.
Peace has been achieved, if only for a moment.
To the Flash, it was everything he needed to see, to know his job was done.
But just then, when Barry Allen looked at his hands, they began to shake and whisp away, becoming molecules and photons.
Batman grabbed his face and said, "Run. Run back to your Earth. We don't need a Flash in this world. Not anymore."
Flash began to panic. "What's happening?!"
"The world. It changed. Fundamentally. There can't be two Flash's. If one dies, you go with him." He reached into his pocket and said quickly, "You said he's alive on your earth? Give this to Bruce. Please."
Flash held the small envelope in his quickly fading hands and pocketed it. "It's in good hands. I promise."
Thomas Wayne said nothing more but, "Run."

And he ran.