Chapter 20

Jisoo put a thermometer in a big turkey

Jisoo put a thermometer in a big turkey. She never makes one or even eats a turkey so she doesn't know how it should taste, she just does what the recipe says.

The turkey it's like seven pounds. She tries to find the best turkey so Jisoo just picks what's the biggest turkey. She already heated the oven and Jisoo tried to lift the pan to put it in, it's more heavy than holding Soobin.

After she put it into the oven, she closed the oven door. "Okay see you in three and a half hours." Jisoo switches the task to make a winter salad and mashed potato.

She is just glad Soobin is sleeping and he seems to be in a deep sleep or else she can't cook dinner for Jin's birthday dinner with her parents, Jungkook, and Lisa. Jin decided that for this year's birthday he only wants to celebrate with family. So she invited him and his family.

When she is about to mash the potato someone on the door gets in. It's Carl with a birthday cake. "Ms. Jisoo, this is the cake you ordered. They said to put it in the fridge immediately because this is an ice cream cake." Carl said.

"Oh thank god! Okay you can put it on the bottom shelf." Jisoo also wants a perfect birthday cake so she finds out from her co-workers that there's a bakery in New Jersey that serves the best cake and it has a really long waiting list.

But, Jisoo took a chance to order it one day before when it should have been seven days' notice. She threatens the bakery that this is for an important CEO of the famous IT company and she is a celebrity. She gave them her album of Red Velvet to prove they are still the biggest Korean Girl Group in the industry when in fact they're already disbanded, but she took a chance and it works.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Carl offered. "I don't think so if it involves cooking but uhm, can you make a table decoration like fold a napkin into a swan or something, you know like a formal dining table in an event." Jisoo said.

Carl chuckled while nodding his head. "I can make a napkin into swan, i know how many utensils or plates in an event such as charity or something, i used to be invited with Mr. Kim joined a formal event like that. I started to learn since then." Jisoo was glad Carl had such an experience so she just let him do it.

Meanwhile, there's another knock on the door. "Hello! I'm here with a dessert." Lisa comes with a dozen cupcakes and a bucket of gelato.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm sorry for last minute favor, Jin just told me yesterday he wants to have dinner with our family but we can't make a reservation at an expensive dinner place since it's friday night. And, I want to make an impression on my parents that I can be a stay-at-home mom." Jisoo explained to Lisa.

"That's fine, I just pick it up immediately after I call the dessert place." Lisa said. "By the way, what can I help?"

"Uhm, take care of Soobin while I prepare the food and Carl decorate the table.", "Soobin? Again?" Jisoo asked but Lisa furrows her eyebrows. She meant with a birthday preparation.