Childhood Promises [Diluc]

As a noble's child, [Name] was never allowed to play with other children outside the nobility. It was to uphold their family's title. If other nobles were to see them mingling with the "peasant" children will cause a problem in the family's name, especially for their business in [product]. [Name] didn't like the other noble children. They were either too stuck up, spoiled or have some sort of superiority complex.

All of that changed when [Name]'s family met with the Ragnvindr family for business purposes. [Name]'s father decided to take them with him. He heard that the family had a son the same age as [Name]. He knew about [Name]'s feelings about other noble children so, he hoped the said son will change their mind a little.

[Name] was now silently sitting in one of the common rooms with Diluc. Both of them were told to interact with one another while they wait for their fathers to finish with discussions. [Name] knew nothing of his interests so, it was hard to find something to talk about. "...What's your name?" Diluc spoke. He was also thinking the same thing as [Name]. They knew nothing of each other. "[Name], you?" "Diluc..." "That's a nice name," "...yours too."

That was how everything began.

Whenever their fathers would speak about business, Diluc and [Name] would go out to play. If the meeting was in the winery, they would try to catch the crystalflies in the grapevines or play hide and seek together. If the meetings ended, the two said their goodbyes and waited for the next meeting. Both fathers did not see any problems with them, they were quite glad that their children got along.

During rainy days, the two would stay inside to read some books together, enjoy the warmth of the fireplace or create some sort of pillow fort. One particular rainy day, the rain was pouring so hard that [Name] and their father had to stay for the night. Although there was a guest room that [Name] could use, Diluc insisted that they stay in the same room. The two ended up sleeping on a pillow fort that they made out of the pillows and blankets in the room.

Overtime, the two of them have developed some sort of crush on each other. Diluc would often hold [Name]'s hand whenever they went on walks together. During these walks, he would avoid eye contact with [Name], to avoid getting flustered. Whenever they say goodbye, [Name] would always give Diluc a hug before leaving. This simple hug would leave both of them blushing.

The two were busy playing again but this time around, another person had joined them. Diluc's father had taken in a boy named Kaeya. The two of them would teach him games they played or things they do when they were bored. They also showed each other certain things they do at home.

"Mama was reading me a fairytale last night, I didn't really get the last part. I was sleepy so I couldn't ask her." [Name] took out a book they were holding and showed them the page that they couldn't understand. "What's marriage?" Kaeya asked, looking towards his brother for an answer. Diluc only shrugged. "I heard father talk about it but...it might be a business thing." Diluc replied. "[Name], dear! Let's get going, we shouldn't keep your mother waiting." [Name] closed the book and eagerly went to their father.

The two boys followed afterwards. "Papa, do you know what marriage is? Is it really a business thing?" [Name] asked. Their father almost choked on air. "Marriage happens when two people really love each other. They do that to stay together forever." He says, ruffling [Name]'s hair. "But, some people also marry because of business but, your mama and I married because we wanted to be together forever."
[Name] thought about this for a while.

"Well...I want to play with Diluc forever so...does that mean I should marry him so that we can be together forever?" Both fathers laughed a little. "That's not how it works [Name], if you two are old enough, you two can think about it together." "Ohh...then can we-" "I think we should get going now, I'll see you on our next meetings, Mr. Ragnvindr." [Name]'s father carried them into the carriage before [Name] could continue talking.