Chapter 4

Remedy was just about to fall asleep in the warmth of the sunlight when she heard the Doctor's voice in her mind.

"Medy, where in the blazes are you?!"

"TARDIS." She answered him. What does he mean, where am I? Where is he then?

"Oh." He said, sounding somewhat awkward when he realized she had gone into her room.

"Oh?"

"Hurry outside, we have a problem. I lost the signal and this ape is whining about some kid!"

So dramatic. Remedy rolled her eyes, flew to the cave and to the door. She quickly changed into her black Sherman Shepherd disguise to not confuse Rose and ran out into the console room. She stepped out of the TARDIS hearing Rose speak.

"What's a police public call box?"

"It's a telephone box, from the 1950s. It's a disguise." The Doctor turned to face Rose with a proud smile. He stepped closer to the TARDIS and put his hand on the door Remedy had just come through.

Remedy tuned out of the rest of the conversation. She already knew what the Doctor was telling Rose, she just wondered how they lost the signal and about how the Time Lord's whole mood changed so fast at the mention of the TARDIS. She also thought of who was the kid that the Doctor had mentioned Rose whining about.

Maybe it was that guy that Rose thought she was at the restaurant with? Are they in a relationship?

She was snapped out of her thoughts by the Doctor stepping away from his conversation with Rose and turning to her.

"How can you hide something that big in a city this small?"

She tilted her head, thinking of TARDIS. "Dimensions?"

"No, they wouldn't have access to that kind of technology." He shook his head and kept walking. Rose thought that the Doctor had just been thinking out loud when he said that.

"Hold on. Hide what?" Rose asked, confused.

"The transmitter. The Consciousness is controlling every single piece of plastic, so it needs a transmitter to boost the signal." He told her walking closer again.

"What does it look like?" Rose was trying to be useful, but it was a bit difficult if she didn't even know what she was supposed to be looking for.

"Like a transmitter!" He said in an obvious tone, walking past her and looking around, "Round and massive, somewhere slap pang in the middle of London." He explained looking back at Rose who was following him with Remedy.

"A huge, metal, circular structure, like a dish, like a wheel, radial." He stopped with his back towards the exact thing he was looking for, "Close to where we are standing. It must be completely invisible."

Rose eyed the sight behind the Doctor.

Is it a wheel? Is it an eye? No, it's the transmitter!

"What?" The Doctor asked, noticing the looks he got.

Rose gestured with her head to the Eye of London behind him on the other side of the river.

He looked behind him, completely missing the giant wheel.

"What?"

Rose nodded in the same direction once again, pursuing her lips to hold in the laugh.

He looked back the second time, missing the point again.

"What is it? What?"

He can be as dense as he is tall, can't he?

"Transmitter." Remedy decided to help him out, so that he wouldn't completely embarrass himself in front of Rose.