Interesting Indeed

(I recommend the song Who's Laughing Now?-Amanda Ava Kochi which I think might fit this chapter the best.)

The wooden floors were impossible to walk on quietly. Nyx resorted to forming a sturdy glass board for her and Lloyd to float on as they traveled through the halls. The Headmaster's office wasn't far. The only tricky part was getting out of the school without getting noticed until they find the map. 

Nyx studied the keyhole using her hands to feel its shape, and then spun her fingers gracefully in the air as the glass came together in the shape of a small key

Nyx studied the keyhole using her hands to feel its shape, and then spun her fingers gracefully in the air as the glass came together in the shape of a small key. Gently, she placed it inside the keyhole, unlocking the door. The two students sneaked inside the Headmaster's office. Lloyd's eyes scoured the place for any hidden trap doors or basements as his cheetah friend hopped from shelf to shelf. 

"Find anything?" 

"No," Nyx said in a hushed tone. "Where do you think the principal would place something so ancient?"

"I dunno I'm not an adult," Lloyd walked up to the rug on the floor. "But the guy has weird taste in room decor though."

Nyx hopped down to the floor. Her glass reflecting the rug and the design pattern. "Lloyd! Do you realize what this symbol is? It's the ninjago symbol for serpent! Look!"

The boy gazed at the rug in awe. "Hurry! Let's move it over!" The two of them grabbed an edge of the rug, revealing a trap door underneath. Lloyd pulled the handle to open it, in which a small array of books and papers were uncovered. Both of them digged through the old trinkets and objects until Lloyd pulled out a piece of paper. "Found it!"

"Cool, now let's get out of here!" Nyx grabbed his hand and put them both back on the glass board. There was a window where they had taken the glass to create the board, and was the only window big enough to glide through to escape the academy. And it was on the second floor of the building as they were presently on the fifth floor. 

The trip was slow but gradual, and eventually they made it to the second floor. The window they were looking for was in sight. 

"HEY!! THEY'RE ESCAPING!!!" 

"NYX!" Lloyd shreeked. "MOVE IT!"

Students began to come out of their rooms, but by the time a crowd had formed Nyx was already flying out the window with Lloyd. They had barely made it as one of the students almost caught Lloyd's cape. 

The blonde boy held securely to Nyx as they were high up in the sky. Bracing for dear life as his hands gripped her red robe. 

(art belongs to SamDoesArt on Instagram) https://www.instagram.com/samdoesarts/?hl=en

com/samdoesarts/?hl=en