450 mg

"I need help." I said as soon as Clary sat down at my lunch table.

"Well hello to you too." she sassed jokingly. "You should really start paying attention in geometry more..."

"No, not with math this time. I'm serious."

Clary furrowed her eyebrows. "With what?"

"I think I'm being watched." I said finally after looking around unsure of how many people could sense my tension.

"But I asked you that last week, you said you were fine." she stated confused.

"I lied, which was stupid of me I know, but I didn't want you to worry. They came to my house a couple nights ago and took something of mine."

"You were robbed?!"

"No! Well not exactly-" I started.

"And who is they? What did they take from you? A lot? Something personal?"

"Well it wasn't against my will I don't think, I kind of set up a deal with them."

"Luke." she sighed, exasperated. "You're an idiot."

"They threatened me, I didn't have much of a choice." Clary made noises of alarm in response to that, not really aware of what to say.

"What did they try to do?"

I waved her off, I really didn't want to tell her. "That's not important-"

"Yes it is," she insisted. "If whatever this is you need help with puts me in danger-"

"It doesn't, I just need to know if you know stuff I need to catch them."

"Why would I know anything? I don't think I know anyone who would do something like, that."

"Well there are three of them, I think. I don't know if there are more." I explained to her everything that had happened that day I came home when they first started watching me. She listened with deep interest, and caught on quickly.

"I don't know anyone that would do that." she repeated, uneasily. "But I'll keep my eye out for you."

"Thanks." I felt extremely relieved to get the feeling off my chest.

"No problem." she shrugged.

(AN: I thought I wasn't gonna do any pov changes in this but ya know what i guess I was wrong XP)

-Clary-

"He told you?"

"Yeah." I rocked on my heels, feeling the slight sting underneath the callouses that had formed on them. Charlie snarled.

"He's an idiot."

"He is not an idiot!" I snapped.

"You said you called him one." he looked at me, bored.

"As a joke." I huffed.

"Don't try to deny the obvious." he sighed, putting two fingers to his temple. "He's gonna get us caught! He already seems to know everything about us, his descriptions of us are accurate and he can name emotions too."

I didn't tell him that Luke said he wanted to become a profilier when he got older, but I wasn't sure if I dared speak to Charlie when he was in a frustrated state. "He's gonna get you caught." I corrected, backing away a little more. "I'm not part of this, that was our deal."

"There can't be a deal if it fails!" he snarled at me.

I gasped, feeling my chest get a little tighter. "You blackmailed me?"

"Yeah, 'cause I didn't think we would get caught." Charlie exclaimed, now only more frustrated with not only me but himself. The door was near me I knew, and more than anything I wanted to bail and get away from him. Unfortunately I knew that wouldn't be the smartest idea, since he was nearly ten years older than me, and huge. His green eyes turned a strange deep color close to brown.

"Don't think I can't see you getting ready to run." he grabbed my thin wrist firmly, making a dangerous skip in my heart beat. "We still have a deal, and I'm not done with you."

-Luke-

I really needed this weekend to myself, which was why I was glad that my parents were working, leaving me home alone. But the thought of them coning back lingered in my mind, no matter how hard I tried to push it aside. I got so caught up in NY thoughts that when a soft knock sounder at the door, I nearly dropped the glass I was drinking out of.

Its probably just grandma, I tried to reassure myself as I cautiously set my hand on the door knob, peaking outside. I didn't recognize her at first, but I slowly opened the door for her. She gave me a weak smile.

"Hi Luke, is your mom home?"

I blinker at Phoenix, why was she so persistant to talk to my mom? "No she's at a new gig she got, do you need to ask her something?"

"No, no its fine. I just wanted to see if we could," she paused. "Talk."

"Oh. Well if that's all you need..."

"Yeah, I'll leave you be." but she didn't turn around to leave the doorstep. She stayed in her spot, smiling at me. Not knowing what else to do, I stared back. I shifted my weight back ready to shut the door, but Phoenix opened her mouth again.

"Do you have a smoke?"

My back prickled at this. "I'm sorry?"

"A smoke. Do you have a cigarette I can smoke?" Phoenix raised her eyebrows at me like I didn't speak English.

"Of course I don't, I would never have that on me." I may have looker stern on the outside, but I was slowly crumpling on the inside.

"You're a good liar Lucas." she laughed. "Sorry I asked. And sorry I disturbed you." with that she walked off, leaving me to stare at her once again.

Did she know? And what else did she know?

-

HI IVE RETURNED, AGAIN D:

I've literally been having 15 hour days like I'm back at school and summer is almost a third way over, but the worst of it is almost done, I really mean it this time when I say I'm going to get better at updating. I'm really sorry for being so inactive, but just remember that I still think of you guys when I'm not online, and it will stay that way. I won't forget about my life on here
I promise.
Lia :)))