Chapter 7

I slide into the passenger side of Ryan's car and he closes the door. He slides in on his own side and starts the car.

We drive half an hour from campus to a fancy Italian restraunt. Ryan helped me out and escorted me to the door. He told the guy at the podium his name and the guy took us to a table. Ryan made weird facial expressions at the waiter and the guy just nodded and left. Ryan helped me into my chair and I slowly slid in.

When Ryan got settled into his seat, he noticed my facial expression and looked around as if to ask who I was looking at.

"What was that little exchange?" I asked him, gesturing to the side of the table. He shrugged.

"You'll see," he smirked. I rolled my eyes and picked up my menu. The waiter came back and set water glasses down and we both ordered.

...

"Why is this so hard for you?" I laughed. Ryan was trying to twist his noodles but it kept falling off his fork and he looked so embarrassed but I couldn't help it: it was hilarious. The waiter came back and I controlled my laughter as he refilled our glasses. He took both of our bowls away as Ryan gave up on his pasta. A couple laughs escaped my lips but I quickly contained myself.

"I almost forgot the whole reason I agreed to come with you," Ryan said getting up from his chair. I made to get out of mine too until he leaned back down and bent down on one knee... What?

He pulled out a little box and a beautiful ring was sparkling. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand.

"Ryan," I sighed as my hand fell to my heart. He smiled and took a deep breath.

"Maddlyn, I love you. We have dated for over four years and I think it is about time I ask for you to be my wife," he says. I nod with tears in my eyes. He slides the ring on my finger and stands up. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him.

We walk out hand in hand and I admire my ring as I get into his car.

"I love you so much," I say as I buckle my seatbelt. He smiles and starts up the car. He grabbed my chin and pulled me towards him. He smiled and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He pushed me back and I sat back confused.

"Whats wrong?" I asked. He shook his head and started up the car. The ride home was very awkward and I leaned up against the window the whole way home.