Chapter 2

Same thing again. If you like it please vote or comment!!!

>>>To the side is a photo of Kiera Mansfield!!!

A thick suffocating silence filled the room, and when Dimitri glanced back at her, tears were rolling down her cheeks silently.  She was repeating the same words over and over again. “You’re lying!” She cried hysterically. For once in his life, Dimitri felt his conscience stab him, because she was right. He was lying. Leaving her to sob alone, he pressed his back against the door on the other side. 

Recalling the conversation before *

 “Did you get the wrong girl?” Dimitri choked. 

Petrov Alexandrov shook his head emotionlessly, “she is Jonathan Mansfield’s daughter, that I’m sure.”

Dimitri dragged a hand through his spiked hair in frustration, earning a suspicious glance from his father.

Petrov Alexandrov had the sharpest eyes that managed to pick up on any weaknesses, a mile away. He was a powerful man, being the head of the Russian mafia; a thin tall menacing figure with jet black hair and eagle like eyes, Petrov thrived from other people’s fear.

Petrov threw a slim cellphone at his son; “give this to her to listen.” He ordered.

Dimitri pressed the play button and the sound recording started, he eavesdropped on the conversation, earning himself a disapproving glance from his father.

“Grant Matthews?” Dimitri asked him, regarding the second voice in the voice recording. Petrov nodded, satisfied that his son had some wits. Grant Matthews was a famous voice impressionist that could alter his tone to any male voice, and his accuracy was mind-blowing.

“Have you rung Mansfield yet? To negotiate our conditions?” Dimitri enquired, settling himself into a vintage black chesterfield.

Petrov Alexandrov shook his head, “not yet, but I know he won’t risk his daughter’s safety by alerting the public about her disappearance. “

Dimitri was confused; “but then why make the fake conversation?”

Petrov focused his cold gaze on his son, “if she had known Mansfield was finding her, she would try to escape, and that would be bothersome. Telling her Mansfield chose his occupation over his own daughter makes the possibility of her running away futile. Why would she run away when she has no one to run to?”

Dimitri chuckled admiringly; “you are too intelligent, father.”

Petrov Alexandrov bathed in the praise self-righteously, and leaned back in his Italian leather armchair.

“So what now?” Dimitri questioned, regarding the plan.

Petrov rested his elbows on the polished oak study, “we’ll get our people to inform Mansfield that his daughter is in our custody.”

Dimitri nodded, allowing his father to continue.

“Until he promises he won’t reveal that information to the public, we won’t give him back his daughter.” Petrov said firmly.

Dimitri leant forward in interest; “what if Mansfield decides to reveal the information in the next national conference meeting from vengeance?”

Petrov Alexandrov flicked through a stack of papers disinterestedly; “he wouldn’t do that even if his head is on the line, Mansfield would rather step down from his position than lose his daughter. Family loyalty runs strong in that family.” He snorted mockingly.