Chapter 4

This story has not being generating much attention, so I didn't write more..... If you like it and want it to continue, leave a comment. And I'll try my best to continue it.....

Petrov Alexandrov

Unable to control himself, his body shook with dry sobs, but no tears came out, he wouldn’t let them. A man has truly gone insane, if he ever shed his tears. He let out a humourless snort. Kiera Mansfield was so similar to Annah it was impractical; every part of her reminded him of his past wife.

That’s also probably why he let his emotions get the better of him. Anger rose within him when she tried to defend her father. Rage threatened to consume him as she looked at him with unmasked fear. He was trying to hold back his antagonism so hard, that it just about killed him. “Annah.” Petrov cried her name again in suffering, immediately setting his old wounds on fire.

***

Dimitri stood outside his father’s door, his deadened heart numb. Hearing those cries of anguish from a man who was famously known as emotionless and cold-hearted, disgusted him. A painful sensation triggered through his heart and it ached for some unknown reason. Ignoring the excruciating feeling, he walked away from the door quietly, leaving his crying father alone.

***

The victim staggered and fell into a bloody mess on the ground; Dimitri punched the air triumphantly, “next.” He shouted to the small line of unwilling victims outside the ring. He was stressed and he needed a punching bag, luckily enough, none of those idiots dared to refuse him. All the competitors from before were knocked out, now looking like one of the pigs on a butcher table.

They didn’t dare to raise a fist on him, horrifyingly afraid he would get angry if they did. Dimitri hated weak opponents, it was like he was battling a defenceless five year old. That small ounce of humane sympathy however, didn’t cease him to stop beating them half dead nonetheless. Striking a clean punch to the jaw, the rival slumped to the ground, completely knocked out. Dimitri let out an exasperated growl, they were way too easy. This was no fun!

“Is that how you fight?” A familiar female voice called out. Dimitri turned his head and saw Kiera Mansfield standing by the sidelines with a deep frown on her pretty face. “Thrashing the weak and timid, not caring if it is a fair battle or not?” She challenged, her voice holding a snake’s venom.

Dimitri glanced around the Boxing centre, the men were whispering indiscreetly; it was the first time they ever saw someone who dared to talk to him like that. Dimitri tightened his fists in anger, she was going to pay, she was not going to publicly embarrass him like that in front of the others. Hell, he wouldn’t even be able to raise his head anymore if he let her get away with it!

“I’ll fight you.” She suddenly requested, with her head held up high, she tied her golden blonde locks in a quick bun.

Dimitri sneered, who did she think she was? “I’m sorry princess, but I don’t fight women.” He spat the last word in distaste.

Kiera fixated him with a burning glare; “afraid you’ll lose, cowboy?” She challenged fearlessly.

Dimitri cocked one eyebrow up in response, this woman probably never liked losing to anyone, the men were now gossiping wildly about the dare.

As if he was contemplating about his decision, Dimitri wasted some time before answering. She still stood with the same stance before, gutsy and overly confident. “Don’t go crying if you lose, princess.” He finally said, his cold blue eyes showing no mercy.

Kiera smiled victoriously, and the guys beside him nearly fell over in daze. Even Dimitri had to admit she was striking. His breathing had immediately quickened and he nearly succumbed to his raging testosterones levels. “Give her a change of clothes and new equipment.” He ordered one of his men. They scurried off hurriedly, following his latest command.

Ten minutes later she was standing inside the boxing ring with him, dressed in a pair of tiny shorts and an oversized tee. Dimitri had rolled his eyes when the men had handed her the uniform, they just had to find the shortest pair of shorts possible. Not that he was complaining, but by the look on her face, she was very uncomfortable.

Funnily as much as it discomfited her, she kept her mouth shut. Dimitri took a drink of water, watching her slip her small hands into the massive gloves. “Do you need a helmet, princess? I wouldn’t want to flaw that pretty face.” Dimitri teased unkindly.

Kiera scowled and shook her head furiously.

Walking to the centre, Dimitri took his stance and Kiera followed suit.

And the countdown began; “Are you sure about this? I won’t go easy on you just because you are a woman.” Dimitri warned huskily.

Kiera nodded; “bring it on jackass.” She hissed vigorously as the match begun.

Dimitri circled her alertly, he needn’t to worry. She wouldn’t be able to land a punch on him, even if the sky depended on it. He took boxing classes for the last five years and could now be classified as a professional boxer, besides, he had an exceptional fighting ability and his survival skills were invincible.

Catching him off guard, Kiera swung a punch to the bridge of his nose, not hard enough to break it, but it hurt like hell! There was definitely going to be an ugly black bruise, come tomorrow.

Dimitri reeled back in shock, it wasn’t the fact he was hit he was shocked about, but the force of it. None of his opponents before could measure up to her punch. At that moment, he was sure she wasn’t an amateur with no skills.

Now he felt incredibly stupid for even thinking so, she even got the first hit, which was devastating for a professional boxer. Fortunately, the spectator’s all thought he was going easy on her, that’s the perks of fighting women, he supposed. Kiera Mansfield however, knew otherwise. It wasn’t a matter of luck when she had the competence. Dodging an attack from her, Dimitri threw a punch himself, aiming for her lower stomach, she turned away at the right time and the strike lost its desired effect, only brushing the fabric lightly.

Kiera grinned smugly, and Dimitri felt a weird sensation in his stomach. Ignoring that feeling, he aimed again but his outreached hand was caught by her instantly, and she threw him backwards onto the mat.

Gasps shattered through the audience, it took real proficiency to be able to master that move, and even he knew that. Throwing someone twice your weight over you was not an easy feat and Dimitri remembered the constant failures with his bulky trainer. Before he was able to get up on his feet, Kiera leaned over him; her fists throwing punches everywhere, Dimitri held in a smirk despite the pain, he could easily swap positions in his current location.

Grabbing her wrist, Dimitri flung her on to the ground, and kneeled into her flat stomach, making her groan from his weight. Instead of punching her like she did to him, he pressed his body down on hers, undeniably turned on from the closeness. A few pieces of her hair had flown out of the bun she had made, and it smelt of strawberries and oranges, her forehead had a few beads of sweat that glistened in the dim lights above them.

Her baby blue eyes widened in horror, and she struggled underneath him but her wrists were firmly entrapped in his grip. Leaning down, Dimitri moved dangerously close to her tempting pink lips; “and that is why, I said I don’t fight wom-.” He begun to whisper but was interrupted by a harsh kick to the groin.

Rolling over in pure pain, he watched helplessly as Kiera gathered herself up. The next few moments went in slow motion. The countdown signalling her victory and the cheers of the spectators around the ring, Dimitri had tried to get up despite the pain, but Kiera had hastily delivered another blow to where the sun-don’t-shine.

Smirking at him, she gave him a jubilant smile which somehow eased the agony he was going through because of her. “Not everyone finds it necessary to boast their skills, Dimitri Tobias Alexandrov.” She spoke his name clearly then left.