Chapter 5

Short chapter, please tell me if I should continue with this?

Kiera walked out of the boxing centre, trying to keep her flustered feelings inside. The warmth of his body still lingered on hers, and she couldn’t help feeling a certain flutter settle in her stomach.

Little did he know, that ever since her father became prime minister, Kiera had trained in all types of self defence; Judo, Karate, Fencing, boxing and a whole lot more.

She was quite a fast learner with a photographic memory, so she remembered each technique she was taught easily. When it came to proving her capability, she entered in many competitions, earning trophies and medals, always first and never second.

Kiera had no idea how long she was going to be held hostage here, but she knew her father would find a way to get her out.

 “Good job.”

Kiera swiftly turned around to see Luka Kolvasky smiling sheepishly at her. She smothered a blush, he was watching?

“I’m sorry about before, I shouldn’t have blew up like that.” He apologised, shrugging his shoulders ruefully.

“Don’t worry about it.” Kiera flushed, tucking a loose curl behind her ear.

“Well then, how about a tour?” He suddenly offered, the depth of his brown eyes clouded with excitement and flirtation?

Glancing at her hands, Kiera felt her confidence fall away, she was tongue-tied. Spending all her life in a high security private school, she never had the opportunity to associate with boys, much less good-looking ones like Luka Kolvasky.

She nodded shyly at him.

Luka grinned widely back at her, “let me lead the way.” he said.

***

The house was larger than I had expected, Kiera thought as she plopped down on a plush velvet chair in one of the sitting lounges. Luka was beside her, his brown eyes twinkling as he grinned at her for some unknown reason. “What?” Kiera asked, raising a hand to touch her cheek self-consciously.

“Nothing, I can’t believe you actually beat up Dimitri, that’s all.” He replied with a chuckle.

At the mention of that name, she exploded with anger; “even sending him into the depths of hell would be too good for him!”

“First you punch me, then you talk behind my back. Wow, I should’ve expected it.” A husky male voice interrupted coldly behind her.

“What’s the matter? Did I hurt your feelings?” Kiera taunted childishly – Somehow, Dimitri always brought out the worst in her.

His nostrils flared, “you – “

“Uncle wants us in the dining hall in thirty minutes,” Luka interrupted, choosing to deliberately ignore the irate expression on his cousin’s face.

“What’s the reason this time?” Dimitri scowled in annoyance.

“Something to do with Kiera probably.” Luka replied, shooting a wary glance at her while speaking.

Kiera stood up abruptly “I – “

“You can’t go.” Luka told her before she even said anything.

“Why not?” She folded her arms across her chest. “Are these badass meetings sexist or something?”

Dimitri let out a loud chuckle, and in a few seconds he was against the wall chuckling in laughter.

“What’s so funny?” She pouted, looking peeved.

“Are you sure you got a perfect test score last year? Because for someone who’s supposed to be smart – you’re acting particularly dumb right now...” Dimitri exclaimed obnoxiously.

“Hey,” Luka shot his younger cousin a warning look.

Kiera wanted to wipe that ‘I’m better than you’ look right off Dimitri’s face. His annoyingly perfect face, that she would like nothing more but to doodle on until he looked like one of her less than fortunate cabbage patch dolls.

“Maybe my intelligence has really lowered...” She started to say,

Dimitri smirked smugly at her self-degrading remark.

“ - Though if I had to name a reason why, it would’ve been because your stupidity has finally rubbed off on me.” She finished, watching his face scrunch up in anger at her comment.

“Kiera, we really don’t think you should go, they will be talking about you. So it’s really better if you don’t go.” Luka let her down gently.

“She won’t listen, stop wasting your breath. It’s like telling a bloody bull not to run towards a red flag.” Dimitri snorted.

“Fine then, I won’t go.” Kiera snapped smugly, just to prove him wrong.

“What? Just like that?” Dimitri dropped his jaw in disbelief.

“Great, that’s settled then. We’ll have dinner at eight tonight, and I’ll pick you up outside your room okay?” Luka smiled warmly at her.

Kiera nodded distractedly, her mind was turning like clockworks at the moment. If everyone was attending the meeting then there was a large possibility that nobody would notice if she escaped.

***

At approximately 20 minutes after Luka and Dimitri had delivered her back to her room, Kiera had snuck out again.

Ducking through hallways, or trying to spread herself flat against walls, she knew she was acting like some tacky teen spy off a budget American movie. But when you were staying in the house of the mafia, you couldn’t escape like a normal person.

Creeping through the kitchen wasn’t hard since there weren’t any people. Kiera mentally clapped herself on the back when she finally reached the fire exit in the left corner – given that most people would be guarding the front door and not the fire exit, she was safe.

Exhaling loudly, she threw open the door only to find Dimitri bloody Tobias Alexandrov right on the other side. What was worse than the fact that her perfect escape plan had failed, was the horribly attractive smirk on his face – like he knew what she was planning all along.

“Did you really think we would be that stupid? There’s surveillance camera’s all over the house, apart from the private bedrooms and toilets, but they’re everywhere else.” He shook his head at her.

Kiera scowled grumpily.

“Sexy moves by the way, you looked just like a chipmunk that was trying to dance. Did you get some tips from Alvin?”

Kiera blushed furiously, “screw you!” She hissed at him as she stormed back inside.

“I’d love to.” He retorted with not an ounce of shame.

IMPORTANT NOTE#

I just wanted to give this story another go, tell me if this chapter is okay, or if its crap. Have I lost it for this story or should I continue writing? 

Please Leave me a message so I know.