Chapter 6

Ha, I'm back again after such a long hiatus. Fear not, as far as I'm concerned, I am continuing on with this story. 

Kiera didn’t bother to respond to his rather crude comment, and much to her disappointment, he lead her straight back to her room after her failed escape attempt. So much for trying to leave, she thought in annoyance.

“Help will come later to make sure you’re suitably dressed for dinner.” He told her with a scrutinizing stare before he left.

Kiera cursed angrily, hearing the door lock behind him. Glancing at the digital clock on the desk, she scowled. It was only 6:24pm and that meant one and a half hours doing nothing or at least until ‘help’ arrived. She didn’t want to attend this stupid dinner anyway.

The mental image of Luka dressed in a Tuxedo temporarily intruded her mind and she felt a certain warmness flush her cheeks. Scolding herself for thinking such inappropriate thoughts given her current situation, Kiera shook her head hastily. No, she would not think about how good Luka would look in a tuxedo. She was kidnapped for Christ sakes, her dad was probably beside himself with worry and here she was shamelessly fantasizing about a guy she met in the last 24 hours.  

Sitting idly on the corner of the plush bed, she stared around the room instead, looking for possible ways to escape. Blue eyes zeroing in on the windows, she walked over to the handles and tugged. Nothing happened.

Sighing, Kiera sat back down slowly. Figured, it wasn’t like they would actually make it easy for her to escape.  

Catching her own reflection in the mirror, she found herself stunned. The broken furniture she had destroyed in a moment’s anger a while ago had been replaced with replicas and the only reminder was the fist sized hole in the wall.  

Knock. Knock.

Kiera sat up eagerly in anticipation as the doorknob slowly turned open.

“Miss?” Two women in sophisticated bobs hovered outside the hallway, both dressed in formal attire.  “We’re here to help you prepare.”

‘The help’ Kiera mentally rolled her eyes. “Come in,” she gave the ladies a small tentative smile. And so they did come in – along with a rack of clothes, several shoe boxes and a large makeup box.

By the time they had finished moving the stuff into the room; Kiera was a little shocked and scared at what they were going to do to her. Force her into the twenty short little dresses that looked more suitable for a night at the clubs? Or plant her feet in killer heels that would be more likely to break her ankles than anything else?

“You have a lovely skin tone but I think light colors would bring out your eyes more…” One of the ladies told her while searching through the racks. Pulling dresses out one by one and holding it against Keira for comparison, she tossed each dress aside with a sigh before taking out a light Aqua colored dress with a beautiful jeweled bodice. “I think this is it.” She murmured in awe.

The other partner in crime was busy taking the shoes out of the boxes, and only spared a momentary glance at her. “Splendid.” She agreed.

Kiera looked at the two women confusedly, before the dress was stuffed into her hands. “Chop, chop. Try it on,” they beamed together in excitement.

Hesitating for a moment, Kiera stared down at the soft fabric in her hands, indeed - it was so beautiful that it would be a crime not to try it. Walking into the spacious ensuite, she pulled off her shirt and jeans before slipping into the dress. It glided like silk down her body and she didn’t even need a mirror to know that it fit her perfectly.