one

"I should have told him no." I said looking in the mirror.

"Why you look so hot." I looked at her and rolled my eyes.

"I hate concerts where I don't know the music and hate the artist."

"Stop being so overdramatic, she's a great singer."

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Name 3 Paramore songs then." I crossed my arms." She stared at me for a second.

"You're going, that's that."

"I should have given the tickets to Tori." I sighed.

"Yes, I'm sure your boss would have loved that." My phone started to ring.

"Speak of the devil," I said. "Hello?"

"Viv do you know anyone who would want a ticket to the concert?" He asked.

"Uh, my best friend loves them."

"Ok, run down here on your way and grab Jessica's ticket."

"Jessica's?" I asked.

"We had to let her go."

"What happened?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. I'll talk to you later." He hung up and I looked at Alex. "Tori is going to love me." I pressed his contact and hit talk.

"Yo."

"Hey, got any plans?" I asked.

"According to the grinch Yes."

"What?" I asked.

"Wallow in self-pity." I smiled.

"Well, self-pity yourself in a pair of Jeans and a shirt. You're going to a concert with me."

"I'm really not up to-"

"It's Paramore." I cut him off.

"I'll be over in fifteen." He hung up and I shook my head.

°°°°

"How'd you get these tickets?" He asked as we got in the line-up.

"Work. Apparently, they did a Paramore cake for some kid's birthday the band saw it and gave us free tickets to their next concert." I shrugged.

"I didn't think you liked them."

"Oh I hate them, but it's free tickets. I'd much rather be in line to see pierce the veil or simple plan." I shrugged.

"There's something wrong with you. Paramore is literally the greatest band in history." I rolled my eyes and the line started to move. He went on with all these facts about them and I tried to listen but I was uninterested. Once inside I realized how much I missed the feeling of a concert, the buzz in the air even for a band I hated still hit home. "Holy fuck." Tori said as we stood at the barricade. I looked around and instantly felt a pain in my chest. I looked away quickly but not quickly enough. "There is nothing I can ever do to repay you for this." Tori said with a smile. My eyes have to be playing tricks on me. What are the chances... it's her favorite band... that's the chance. I'm an idiot. I caught myself looking to my right again, no one was there and I sighed with relief. I was just seeing things. As the lights dimmed Tori wrapped his arms around me excitedly, he was like a puppy. He always wanted to be touched. I let it happen and I tried not to think. I looked one last time as Paramore started to perform and again I felt a pain in my chest. Tori spoke but I didn't hear what he said, he followed my gaze. "Oh my god, that's Billie Eilish." He said covering his mouth. She made eyes with me and I saw a guy wrap his arms around her.