seven

I woke with a headache, I pulled the blanket around me tightly and my eyes shot open when I realized it wasn't my blanket. It wasn't my room. I looked around and saw my shirt on the floor and I threw off my blanket to see I was in an oversize shirt. I felt sick. Did I have a one-night stand? Oh my god, Tori. I looked on the nightstand and my phone was there. I grabbed it and pushed myself up. I pulled on my red shorts from my costume and left the room. I walked down the hall until I found a front door. I thought about leaving but what if Tori was here somewhere? I sighed and looked around. "Your up." I jumped.

"Jesus- Christ." I held my chest.

"Sorry." She laughed.

"Uh... I uh... is my friend here?" I asked.

"You and Claudia and Finneas are the only ones who stayed the night."

"Fuck." I mumbled.

"Thanks- Uh I gotta go." I quickly left calling Tori.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" I asked.

"Uh- at someone's house."

"Tori." I breathed.

"Listen- it had been four months. I was ready to expire."

"Well, I don't know where I am. I have work in- oh fuck twenty minutes. I gotta go." I got a uber home and changed my pants and threw my hair up in a messy bun. I arrived at work exactly thirty minutes late.

"Thanks for showing up." Mark said with a smile.

"I'm hungover, don't start with me." I laughed.

"Partying too hard?" He asked and I nodded.

"Morning," Lilly said.

"Morning. What do we have today?" I asked.

"Four birthday cakes and a wedding cake came in today."

"Ok, show me the files." I yawned.

***

"Have a good night," Lilly said pulling on her jacket.

"You too." She smiled. Once the store was closed and everyone was gone except me and mark someone knocked on the door. Mark looked towards me and I got up going to the front, I looked out the window and pulled my eyebrows together.

"We're closed," I said.

"Can we talk?" I flicked on the light and opened the door.

"I'm working."

"Please, just for a minute."

"Billie-"

"Who is it?" I heard behind me.

"No one-" he walked in.

"Oh, you're Billie Eilish." He said.

"I was just looking about getting a cake, but I'll come back another time."

"No, no, no. It's ok, I'll finish up Viv's cake and she can take your order. Don't worry. Come on in." I was annoyed. He passed me an order sheet and went back outback, I sat down at a table and so did Billie.

"Listen, I been trying to... think of what to say to you... and I just can't think of a way to tell you how sorry I truly am..."

"Billie." I stopped her. "If you're not going to order a cake just leave-"

"I'll order a cake. Just... let me say one more thing, you were my first love and you always will be. I'm sorry I did what I did and If I had my time back... things would be so different now." I nodded looking at the paper in front of me.

"What kind of cake do you want?"