six

"Claudia- Hey." She hugged me.

"Finneas mentioned he ran into you the other day."

"Ya... how's it going?" I asked.

"Great!" I nodded.

"Drink," Tori said approaching.

"Thanks, Tori this is Claudia. Claudia, Tori." As they talked I made my way away from them. I chatted with a few people I use to know and relaxed, it felt like the old days.

"That's one little devil I wouldn't mind sitting on my shoulder." I looked behind me to see a group of guys who didn't look like they belonged here. I turned away from them and walked to the end of the property. A girl was sitting there and I knew she looked familiar but I couldn't place her. She looked back at me and smiled.

"Hey."

"Hey," I said pulling out my pack of smokes.

"Want some?" She held out a joint.

"Sure." I nodded. I took in a lungful of smoke and held it, when I breathed out I tried not to cough. I did it again then passed it back to her.

"You're Vivian right?" She asked and I nodded. "It's been forever." Then it hit me who she was.

"It has been, how's it going?" I asked.

"Good." She nodded. The weed started to hit me almost instantly, it had been four years since I used it.

"Rebecca, there you are." A guy said making his way to us. I lit a cigarette and left them alone, I sat against a tree and closed my eyes.

"What's the chance I'd run into the devil here." I heard.

"Pretty good considering it's a LA party." I opened my eyes. I eyed her up and raised an eyebrow. "A baby?" I rolled my eyes. "What's your boyfriend? An old man?" She didn't speak.

"Why are you so mean?" She asked.

"I'm not dealing with you, Billie." I pushed myself up.

"I want to apologize." She said.

"Well, tell it to someone who cares." I pushed past her and she grabbed my arm.

"V, come on." She sighed.

"Billie." I looked down at her.

"Are you stoned?" She asked.

"It doesn't concern you."

"Who did you get it off? You can't just smoke off people in LA."

"Oh, yea because Rebecca black is definitely into drugging people."

"I'm sorry Vivian ok, I'm fucking sorry I was an idiot. You don't realize how shitty I feel about what happened. Please just let me say h-"

"No. I don't want to hear it, Billie. I needed you so fucking bad and where were you? Fucked off with Brandon. I almost died and the only thing I was thinking about was you. But you didn't and don't care."

"I don't care?" She laughed. "Ok. That's why to this day I have nightmares. I drove past the crash and I didn't realize it was your car. But at the hospital-"

"Don't lie to me, you weren't at the hospital."

"Yes, I fucking was! I didn't leave your side for two fucking days I-"

"Billie?" I heard a guy call.

"Your boyfriend wants you." I walked away and went to the kitchen to mix another drink.

"Hey, you ok?" Tori asked.

"I'm fine." I mumbled. "Cheers to getting fucked up." He hit his glass off mine and we downed our drinks.