five

"Tomorrow night. Party, you in?"

"Dylan."

"Come on, you never go to any parties. It's a Halloween one, dress up and have fun." The past few days had been mental hell, I needed to clear my head and at last, I'd be able to get drunk.

"Fine, alright."

"Bring whoever you want."

"Ah yes, my ample supply of friends."

"Don't be a dick." He laughed.

"I'll be there."

"Ok, see you tomorrow night."

"See ya." I ended the call and clocked out. I sat in my car and lit a smoke, I drove to the Halloween store and tried to figure out what to wear. I called Tori and he answered on the second ring.

"Hello."

"Hey, you have plans for tomorrow night?"

"Nope, just ya know sit home and drink."

"How about going out and drinking, there's a party."

"I'm down."

"Ok, it's a Halloween party so do you have a costume?"

"Uh, no I don't."

"I'm in the Halloween store, did you want me to get you one?"

"What are you going as?" He asked.

"Um, I don't know." I went into the store and looked around, after FaceTimeing Tori and looking through the store about ten times we decided on costumes. I was going as a vampire he decided on a Harry Potter wizard.

Dylan texted me the address as I was getting dressed, Tori arrived already half-cut. "So who's throwing the party?" He asked.

"Uh, I assume Dylan."

"Dylan?" He asked.

"Dylan Minnette."

"Dylan... Minnette- as in the actor slash singer?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"How do you have famous friends?" He asked.

"Gee, thank's Tori."

"No, I mean like..." I laughed.

"I'm kidding. I have a past you know."

"Yes but you never want to talk about it and it seems magical."

"Because I use to hang around with singers?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, it's all fun and games until they backstab you and you can't do anything but watch people love them."

"Bitter much?"

"Tori."

"Sorry, I just wish you'd tell me about your past. We've been friends for like five years."

"My past is in the past for a reason. And I have those people cut out of my life for a reason."

"What'd Dylan do?"

"It's not what he did, it's the company he keeps." I said grabbing my phone to get a uber.

"Like who?"

"Troi, can we not? I want to have fun tonight."

"Ok, I'm sorry. Shot?" He asked and I shrugged going to my cupboard. He grabbed the shot glasses and I grabbed the sourpuss.

"Fuck." I said pursing my lips.

"Let's go." He took my hand in his and we went to the end of the driveway.

"You actually came!" Dylan said hugging me.

"I did." I nodded. "With my entourage." He laughed and high-fived Tori.

"Drinks are in the kitchen, have at it." Tori went and got drinks and I looked around outside.

"Hey, stranger." I hear behind me and I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.