20 | Spit and Swallow !

Trigger warning: torture and mentions of r*pe. Read with caution<3

I don't even bother trying to not talk to Zayn because it's physically impossible for me not to after hearing his entire conversation with Esrin

Arriving at Malik Creations, the persons at the front desk guided me to where I can find Esrin after providing them with all the necessary documents. Her office is the furthest away and Zayn's is the one you have to pass by to get there.

When I heard both of them talking, I got really close enough to the door that I heard the words flowing between them. Then when I had enough and had to force myself not to open the door, I went to Esrin's office and waited.

I am on a clock however since there's a scumbag sitting tied to a chair in the middle of a warehouse in the middle of nowhere waiting for me. After Remi left for work, Lilith came over and sent the coordinates of one of their warehouses accompanied by a file.

I didn't need Niall to run through this one since Lilith's team has been hunting this man down for quite a while but he's been very good at staying hidden. Until now. His name is Stanley Jennings, well known and growing director of an organization.

In an organization that hires new employees on contract frequently and instead of being a mentor, Stanley takes advantage of the younger girls in the worst way thinkable. That already sets me in the worst mood as I barge into Zayn's office.

The door was partly open, so close to being shut but it wasn't so I just pushed the thing wide open. Look at how easy it was to get in here.

His alarmed eyes flies to the door when it opened without anyone knocking first. Then, his lips parted in shock, his eyebrows flying up. "Harry? Is that you?" shock laced in his tone.

The image of him and Esrin makes me want to burn this entire place down. "Yeah," I say, unable to even muster a little smile and by my behaviour and lack of enthusiasm, he knows something is wrong.

What I told Esrin was the truth, Zayn's father and mine were very close friends. So close that they worked together and planned their projects and dreams so they were intertwined. Of course, that was before my dad died. Zayn and I were dragged along all their fancy events and I haven't spoken to him since he offered his condolences.

I walk straight to him without looking around much because he isn't worth it. "Well, this is a surprise," he muses, leaning against the backrest and he's all smug and relaxed. I hate it.

"I was actually here to see Esrin," I revealed, enjoying watching the look on his face as it morphs from confusion into disbelief. Zayn chuckles seconds later, shaking his head. "She really is snatching up all my friends, isn't she?" He mutters coldly to himself, rubbing his neatly cut beard dusting his lower face.