60 | Styles Synthetics

Trigger Warnings: Drug use, death & violence. Please read with caution<3

When Rin leaves, it's a grand struggle to return to sleep

When Rin leaves, it's a grand struggle to return to sleep. I kept tossing and turning, shifting positions on the mattress but nothing welcomed me with open arms besides Rin and that Zayn.

My legs kicked up into the air, trying to get the blanket off my body and it took a few moments of fighting with the inescapable thing for me to finally be free of it.

Lazily, I made my way into the bathroom to do my business and after I shrugged on an outfit over my boxers, consisting of a blank tank top over red pants that's been chopped off at the knees. Refusing to leave my bedroom under any kind of mess, I steal an extra few minutes to make the bed, fold and pack away some of the clothes and return items on the dresser to their precise locations. Satisfied when I was finished, I made my way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen.

There's another thought that rolled me out of bed. One that I had a good time ignoring for the few time I have been awake but the longer my eyes remained open, the longer the idea plagued my thoughts. If I'm honest, it's been lurking at the back of my mind for some time now.

Sliding into the chair that's around the table, with a steaming cup of tea on the surface, I'm propped with my elbows on the table and phone in my hand. My fingers quickly flew over the keyboard, ripping the bandaid off. Since I got off the bed, this idea has been moving back and forth in my mind and I finally came to a conclusion, refusing to just rip the bandaid off before an opportunity is given to change my mind.

Surprisingly, my phone vibrates on the table less than two minutes later. I carefully returned the cup to the table, grasping my phone once again. My bottom lip rolls until it's trapped between my rows of teeth, eyes glancing across the words of Niall's response.

He's on board with my idea. In fact, he's already on his way. I sighed, leaving him on read while I finished my cup of tea, allowing each sip to settle the bubbling thoughts in my mind. I made other phone calls, setting arrangements in place including making my way into the storage closet at the back of my house for the stack of folded boxes.

I can't believe this is happening. It doesn't hit me when I leave supplies at the house, it doesn't settle in when I'm given twenty minutes to myself in thoughts. The fact doesn't even sink in when Niall arrives.

When he's here, and I push open my front door, the driver of the moving truck occupies the driveway next door already. The driver already indicated he won't be helping no matter how much money is offered in bribery but that was fine with us. The driveway in front of me too is occupied. Niall leaves his van there, hesitantly strolling to me with a smile plastered across his face.

"Are you ready for this?" he wonders. He's dressed for the task with a white shirt stretched across his chest and around his biceps, pairing it with a loose pair of dark drawstring pants and comfortable shoes tied with shoe laces.