leaves kisses on your collar

SO HOW ARE WE FEELING. I CRIED MULTIPLE TIMES!!!! I HAVE SO MANY THOUGHTS!!! YELL AT ME IN THE COMMENTS OR IN MY TUMBLR INBOX!!!!!

and ik it isnt important, but this is officially my longest single-chapter fic. it might not be that long compared to other people's (HOW DO YALL WRITE 6K???), but im very proud of myself!!!! my one-shots are rarely more than 1k words, so THREE THOUSAND?????? dude. im so happy actually

title from Lilly by Pink Martini bc its a very special song to me and theyre a very special ship to me <3

CROWN PRINCE WILHELM: "It was me in that video [...] it was me."

Crown Prince Wilhelm's speech at Hillerska Boarding School turns into a heartfelt moment, watched by millions across Sweden.

His Royal Highness Crown Prince Wilhelm of Sweden was scheduled to make his first speech as Crown Prince at his school's 120th-anniversary jubilee, which was broadcasted live in The Year with the Royal Family.

The first half of the speech went as planned. He spoke to his mother, Queen Kristina, and the students of Hillerska before pausing after reciting the school's motto: "Feel your responsibility for the legacy. Be proud of your history. Pass on the traditions to the next generation."

After a moment of hesitation, he went on to state, in a passionate rant, the downsides of keeping traditions. "We pretend to protect each other 'cause we're afraid of what could happen if we didn't. We're afraid of the consequences. I am too. I'm scared as well. But that ends now."

Crown Prince Wilhelm broke traditions today, confidently announcing, "It was me in that video that leaked last term. [clears throat] The one with me and Simon [...] I lied about it. But it was me."

Simon Eriksson is the lead soloist in the Hillerska choir. Inside sources at Hillerska mention an original song Eriksson wrote that was meant to be sung at the jubilee but, in a last-minute decision, was replaced by the original school song, despite its unanimous praise. Simon Eriksson, a seemingly ordinary teenage boy, faced large amounts of backlash, media attention, and harassment following the viral video leaked by an anonymous source last December. This led to a popular trend within young LGBTQ+ communities on social media, calling out in support of the Erikssons and their privacy. Classmates describe him as "radical" and "outspoken" and comment on the friendship he and the Crown Prince developed over the first term of the school year.

The Royal Court and the Eriksson family have denied comments at this time.

Watch the full speech here.

Wilhelm turns his head to the front — to his parents and the rest of the Royal Court, looking scandalized and shocked. The hundreds of students, teachers, and reporters, all with cameras pointed directly at him. He catches sight of the most important camera, the one filming for national television. As he stares at it, he feels his lips turn up in a slight smirk.

Holy shit.

"Thank you," Wilhelm breathes out before leaving the podium.

Behind him, he can hear the murmurs from gossiping Hillis, their cameras click-click-clicking. He knows this will soon be on every news outlet in the country, hell, maybe even the world. He knows he might have destroyed the Swedish monarchy from the inside out. He knows that the Royal Court will definitely have some choice words after declaring such a groundbreaking announcement without any plan or thought behind it.