Chapter 69- Burying a Hero

(Endor)

On the surface of Endor, the fighting has finally come to an end. After the Terran reinforcements from Task Force 36 and Task Force 38 had driven off the Imperial fleet, both task forces had dispatched ground forces and close air support fighters and gunships to assist in the ground battle. It hadn't taken long before the final Imperial troops surrendered to the Terran forces. At the same time, they had received word that while Terran forces and their supporting Mandalorians reinforcements are cleaning up the last pockets of Imperial resistance, but otherwise Mandalore is fully under Terran control.

Now, as the ships of Task Force 36 and Task Force 38 have set up defensive positions over Endor, the victory celebrations had begun on the planet. The Ewoks that had fought with the Rebels and Terrans had begun holding a victory celebration and feast. The Rebel forces, as well as the Terran troops that had fought on the moon, were celebrating with the Ewoks.

In the same Ewok village that they had first been brought, the strike team is finally reuniting with their friends. Han laughs as he sees Lando approaching, and the two embrace with a laugh. Lando then embraces Lando as well. As she pulls away from Lando, Calvin approaches Leia. Leia beams at him, recognizing that they're technically related since their siblings are married, and embraces him happily.

Leia then turns around and sees Luke and Kelly walking towards them. She beams at them and hurries over to them, throwing her arms around both of them. "I'm so glad you're both okay," she says.

Kelly laughs a bit as she says, "It'd take more than the Emperor to kill us." All three of them laugh.

Luke quickly goes over to hug Han and Wedge. As he does, Kelly spots her brother and makes a beeline right for him. Calvin grins at the sight of his little sister and brings her in for a hug. "Oh, so glad to see you're okay, sis," he says.

"I'm fine, Calvin," she says.

After a moment, she lets go of her brother and heads back over to Luke. Taking his hand, she and Luke slowly walk a few steps away from the rest of the party. As they do, both of them look off into the distance, and both of them see something that makes them pause. In the distance, resting next to a railing, are the visible spirits of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, both smiling at them. Then, as they watch, another spirit comes into view. An older man, with a slight beard, and Jedi robes, with a bright smile and soft eyes. Both of them know what they're seeing. The spirit of Anakin Skywalker.

The two of them smile at their three observors. Then, Leia comes over to them, beaming at them, and pulls them back into the party.

As they rejoin the party, Kelly walks over to Calvin again. Kelly smiles at her brother and says, "Can you believe it? The Emperor is finally dead. The Empire is gonna crumble. The war isn't gonna last much longer."

Calvin smiles as he says, "Don't give up that fighting spirit too fast. The war isn't over yet."

"I know. It's just...I can't wait for the war to be over. For the fighting to be done," Kelly says.

Calvin smiles. "And what will you do once this war is over?" he asks.

Kelly pauses for a moment, then says, "I don't know. Me and Luke haven't really talked about it. I guess...at some point we're both going to work on training a new Jedi Order. But, before that...I really don't know. Maybe just take some time to be a relatively normal couple."

Calvin smiles, as if he knows a big secret, then says, "How about being a good aunt?"

"Well, I guess-" Kelly starts to say, then stutters to a stop. She looks at Calvin in shock before she cries, "Wait?! Riley's pregnant?!"