vii½.

"why are you trying to do a fancy ass plait in the dark?!" ellie queries.

"i don't know..." mutters eleanor from the bottom bunk.

"what?" amy and emma arrive to a dark dormitory.

"where were you guys?" eleanor asks.

"the toilets. they were rank."

"ugh, i'm not looking forward to taking a shower," ellie whines. the steel frames creak as everyone crawls into their beds.

"well, hopefully the breakfast here is decent," speaks amy.

"for once, i'm not too bothered. i've brought a life's supply of food—including pop tarts. but they're mine. so don't get any ideas," warns eleanor.

"wouldn't dream of it," amy replies.

"will you shut up? WILL YOU?" emma cries in frustration.

"sorry, but some people are moon children, and love sleep, but require being awake when the moon is out. we are moon children. i am a moon child. the rest of society needs to accept us for who we are. right, eleanor?" asks ellie, trying to direct her voice down from the top bunk.

"yeah. wait, what was the question?"

"never mind. but the moon children will someday rule the planet. i know it. and then you'll be an outcast, emma. you'll see."

"sure," emma says, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

ellie nodded to herself, so certain of this fact. the moon children will run the world. eventually.

-

omg this is so short but i've updated everyday since i started this and i didn't really want to stop so here. you're welcome.