v. butterflies (pt. 1)

the clammer of teenagers is almost too loud for ellie to hear herself speak. almost, because ellie is a generally loud person. there are four long, wooden tables in an open room with concrete floors.

ellie and emma take a seat with their group on the furthest table, and call out their names for registration. eleanor, john, lily and amy happen to be at the same table as them. john catches ellie's eyes and each of them make extremely attractive faces to each other. of course both of them get strange looks from teachers and staff.

as their group teacher calls out the list of twelve names, ellie recognises a few that she wasn't looking forward to. she plops her head down on the table and bites her tongue so she can't make any snide remarks. (n/a if only that could happen irl jK ILY)

at the very end of the list is a name that makes her head spin up from the desk. it's a name she didn't expect to hear. after a few moments, the name is called once more.

"nick? nick? has anyone seen him?" questions the teacher, mr downing, peering out at the group members so far.

"he's over there," states another member of the group. ellie didn't know what his name was, but everyone called him gus so that'd be a fair guess.

ellie turns in her seat to see the curly haired boy who'd caught her eye before. he was sitting on a bench, completely oblivious to everyone else around him. she stared for seconds too long, and if anyone would notice, it wOULD NOT BE EMMA BECAUSE EMMA NEVER SEES ANYTHING I SWEAR. it was eleanor who noticed.

when ellie tried to correct herself, she accidentally locked eyes with eleanor, and they both knew. eleanor was quick to sink her head into her arms and try and fall back asleep as if she hadn't seen anything, and ellie was thankful.

"ellie? which one's ellie again?" asks the teacher.

"hello, that's me," ellie informs.

"could you be so kind as to retrieve nick from over there? thank you."

ellie freezes where she is before saying, "of course, i don't mind."

hesitantly to say the least, ellie rises from her place on the bench, glides past the rest of the posse and in front of all the other tables full of schoolmates. once she's step foot off the concrete, the butterflies kick in. it's him.

she trudges over to where he's sat, but all the while nick doesn't look up, or seem to notice at all. once she's standing directly in front of him his face turns up, along with his eyes which widen before resting on ellie's. he's put his glasses on, they're black and have orange sides. ellie didn't know he wore glasses. they can't take their eyes away from each other's, and ellie can't help but see how pretty his eyes are, and how long his lashes are.

"everyone else is over there. what're you doing here?" ellie asks nervously.

his eyes widen before an answer: "i was, uh, just waiting for a friend. yeah."

"obviously not much of a friend then, eh?" ellie chuckles slightly.

"i guess so," nick says, a smile etched across his features.

from his voice to his eyes to his curls, ellie got butterflies in her stomach when she was around him. not the kind she got before a test, or before going on stage. this was different. and wether the butterflies were for good or for bad, she had absolutely no idea.

hello. so this one is shorter i think but it's oK BC THEY TALK TO EACH OTHER. omg 100 reads wtf why. but thanks. k bye.

whoever's reading this go check out 'I'm Pop Punk, Ok?' by emmathegryffindor