𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

˚ ✦ · 𝑫𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 —˛

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 

𝐉𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

[𝐓𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨, 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧]

"There might not be anything special in him. We have Denji and Power, we don't need anyone else," the tall, black haired male with a quite interesting hairstyle said quietly. In a tune which sounded not disrespectful or at least the attempt could be picked up.

He stood close but not close to invade the redhead standing next to him. She observed the male she picked up earlier in the car accident scene, he lied on the bed, he was still unconscious.

"I can take care of him. I'll let him stay at my place—"

"Aki, you already have Power and Denji staying at your place," Makima smiled, "He'll be staying here until tomorrow."

He flinched and looked at her with a surprised expression, "I– ahem," he cleared his throat, "Yes, as you wish. I'll leave then. Power was left alone at my apartment, I can't be leaving her alone for a long time."

Makima nodded slowly and watched Aki leave the Devil hunter's HQ. She gave a glance once more to the unknown and mysterious person before she turned around to exit the room. Until a minute later, the eyes of L/n Y/n opened. He took a while to look at his surroundings and lazily sat up from the bed.

He let out a yawn, stretched out before he jumped out of the bed. He didn't bother, or questioned himself where he was. He opened the door and walked out. He found himself in a long, narrow hallway. He sighed from exhaustion as he thought twice about walking all the way to the end of the hallway. He peeked out one of the windows on the hallway and hummed.

"Very tall building...if I jump I probably will die," he let out an exhausted sigh, "I'm too lazy to walk. Wait... how did I even get here? What happened..." he stopped and thought as he tried to recall the earlier events.

His eyes widened a bit as he whispered to himself, "I remember.....yeah, I got nothing," he yawned. The door from the same hallway opened, making him turn to it and carefully watch as a young woman, light red hair walked out reading what seemed to be documents. She closed the door and continued walking away.

"Hiya! Goodnight, ya think you can help me here?" The young man said, walking up behind her. He eased down when he noticed her stand still. Slowly, she turned to look at him, her eyes opened wide, she seemed to get pale.

The young man confused, looked behind him quickly thinking there was something standing behind him to realise there was nothing. He turned back to the female and approached closer, "Wha– what are—"

Her eyes finally rested, "Oh, I see you are already awake."

"Can you," he frowned, obviously confused and lost, "please explain where I am."

She smiled as he got even closer, "You are at the Devil Hunters Headquarters. Do you not recall our first meet?"

"Huh?" He raised a brow, "have we met before?" He suddenly slammed his face, "ah shit! Don't tell me– I got drunk again and brought you here."

Makima tilted her head, intrigued, "No at all. Like I said, you have been taken in the Devil Hunter's care. We found you at a car accident, as our only suspect alive, we demand you to elaborate on this strange case."

"Haah?!!" He raised a brow and glared at the young woman. He lifted a finger and when he was about to defend himself he stopped for a moment, a thought came to mind, "ah....... I see."

"Good. Do you recall now?"

He sighed and scratched the back of his head, "Not fully. But," he looked at the young woman, "I do remember ... you, yeah it's you and that weird tall guy."

She took out her phone and dialled a number, "Give me a second. Wait in my office, this won't take long."

He shrugged and walked in the office. Noticing a coffee maker at the corner of the room he walked over to it, and decided to help him with some warm coffee.

Indeed, she didn't take long and she walked into the office. "Y/n....L/n Y/n?" She asked.

He drank all his coffee at once and left the cup on the table before nodding to the girl's question.

"Tell me, Y/n, were you the one responsible for the deaths of 12 police officers?" She asked. The male rubbed his chin and gave it a thought before he responded with a grin, "So what if I did?"

Her smile did not change even the slightest, "Then it's a yes."

"Mhmmm," he hummed and observed around the office, "it's empty in here, all you got is this ...." he stopped to take a look at a painting on the wall, " is this weird ass painting."

"You committed a crime. The consequences for that is death," She declared, "but if you wish to save yourself, then you have only one alternative, you join me as a member of my special division."