𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝟏: 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐥

[hi updated, damn. 0-0]

˚ ✦ · 𝑫𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑:

𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝟏: 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐥

The sun was dim today in Tokyo, big clouds seem to have completely taken over the city. The sound of a soft bell notified that the elevator had arrived as the doors slid apart. The special division arrived on the second floor of the old, abandoned mall where the special division had their first task assigned.

"Ugh, is that new guy coming?" Denji asked as they walked together down the large hall. The walls were splattered with blood, and other walls were covered with green algae.

Aki covered his nose with his arm. "It stinks."

Denji looked around as he sniffed the air and commented, "I don't smell anything."

Aki closed his eyes and shook his head. "Don't tell me, you got used to smelling power's shit."

"Hey! Watch it!" Power yelled pointing at Aki, "you humans smell worse!"

"Y/n-san probably overslept or ditched," Denji said, digging his nose.

"Tsk! Who cares about him! I have enough to deal with two humans," Power added with a pout, "I don't need another!"

"Let's separate—" Aki paused when footsteps were heard coming their way and from a small distance he saw a figure coming towards them. He immediately drew out his sword, "get ready!"

"Stop there you smelling, disgusting devil! Before Power blows you off!" Power exclaimed as she let out an evil laughter while Denji took out his axe.

"There, there," a male voice echoed as the figure came closer and revealed itself to be none other than Y/n.

"Y/n-san?" Denji said as his mouth remained open.

"Haaaah?! What are you doing here?" Power exclaimed.

Aki's face relaxed but it slowly changed to one of surprise as he observed Y/n's clothing splattered with blood. His hands were fully covered with blood and his feet seemed as if damped with blood too.

"Task 1: Abandoned Mall; Cleared," Y/n said, removing the tie from around his neck as he walked away.

"HUH?!!!!!!! What do you mean 'cleared'?!!" Power and Denji exclaimed as Y/n waved goodbye to them exiting the abandoned mall, "hey come back here! You better explain this!"

Aki finally came back to earth. He was too stunned to say a word; he was speechless. "Who... is this guy?" He asked quietly.

The black haired male from the special division was now in the presence of Makima. She looked at him rather surprised then gave him a smile. An empty one. She walked back to her seat. "Is that so...? Y/n completed the task all on his own?"

Aki nodded to confirm. He gazed at the floor because his eyes couldn't look into hers. He felt weak, ashamed as the leader of the task.

"Well then, thank you for the report on today's task," She walked to the coat rock and put on her black coat. "Tomorrow Denji and Power will be gone to train. I want you to take care of another task with the other members of the special division while I'm gone. I'll see you tomorrow, Aki-kun."

"What do we do about Y/n? He can not be left unsupervised," Aki asked, clearly he was concerned about anyone's safety with Y/n around.

"I'll be out of the city and I'll take him with me, you need not to worry," Makima smiled, staring into his eyes.

"Understood. Goodnight, Makima-san."

"How did you do that? There were forty-four devils in that place!?!!" Denji exclaimed, he then squinted his eyes and pointed his index finger at Y/n's face, "You are no ordinary person! Tell us which devil you have contracted with!"

Y/n remained unfazed by the fact that a younger being before him was disrespectfully pointing at him on the face.

Aki then returned, he looked over at Y/n. His eyes appeared normal, his appearance was human, if any person studies him from the outside, they will say he is human. But the question lingers in Aki's mind, 'What is he?'

He walked towards Power and Denji, "Let's go home, you guys need to have training tomorrow." Denji and Power glared suspiciously at Y/n as they followed Aki to their home.

The day was over just like that. Y/n felt his belly grumble. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. The night was refreshing, a plate of food and a few drinks would do him well.

"Y/n–kun," was a gentle and feminine voice. He turned around and glanced at the female behind him.

"Makima–san?" He gazed into her eyes before she walked closer to him.

"Mind if we have a friendly chat over drinks tonight?" She smiled. He was just wishing himself a plate of food and drinks. He had got paid already so how can he deny the invitation?

Arriving at the restaurant Makima recommended. They sat down at the table way over at the back. They have been there for the past 27 minutes. Makima was already on her 8th mug of ale.

She removed her black coat and placed it on her chair's back support as she reached to take her 9th mug already.

Y/n was at seventh mug. His e/c eyes observed her carefully as she drank. She has been drinking since they have arrived and she hasn't gotten the slightest tipsy or anything.

"You did quite outstandingly, but have broken the tasks rule," Makima commented. Her voice was calm, she did not sound angry or disappointed.

"Hmmm?" Y/n set down his mug, "I said I'd join under one condition."

"It is clear you do not understand that you now work for me," Makima drank her ale and then set her mug down before wiping her lips.

"So what? You'll fire me?" Y/n smirked, "go ahead. This devil hunting job is boring."

"Fire you?" Makima chuckled, "have you forgotten our deal?" Y/n glanced at her, his eyes narrowed, "The day you leave the Public Safety Devil Hunters, you DIE."

The way she said the last word in a serious tone and her eyes gazing into his sharply, made it clear to him, he was stuck here with her.

Y/n did not move his eyes from hers as they kept staring into each other's eyes. His face was serious compared to hers which was softer and with a smile plastered on it but her eyes said all the contrary.

After a whole minute of giving each other the deadly stare. Y/n eyes changed to a calmer one, he smiled and let out a sigh, "Alright. You win." He shrugged.

"Tomorrow, we are leaving Tokyo," her words made Y/n look back at her with a slight look of curiosity as to why. She rose from the table, "we leave 5 in the morning. Don't be late."

Y/n waited for her to leave and rose up and asked for the bill.

"The bill?" the old man tilted his head, "The young lady that just left already paid for everything."

Y/n gaze falls back to the old man, "I see. Thank you for the noodles, they were spectacular!" Y/n turned around and saw Makima's coat on the chair. He picked it up and walked out the restaurant.