𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭

˚ ✦ · 𝑫𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 —˛

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭

[𝐓𝐨𝐤𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐮, 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧.

𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐇𝐐, 𝟏𝟏:𝟒𝟓 𝐏𝐌.]

"You committed a crime. The consequences for that is death," She declared, "but if you wish to save yourself, then you have only one alternative, you join me as a member of my special division."

"Huh? Join the Public Safety Devil Hunters?" Y/n's lips twitched and so did his eyes.

"Oh? Will that be a problem?" Makima tilted her head as her face remained expressionless.

The young man boldly walked closer to her, he stared at her eyes in awe and smiled. "Your eyes are fascinating! But I am afraid I despise the mere smell of devil hunters." He took a deep breath close to her face, picking up a scent that made him blushed deeply, "but you seem to have a different smell. You smell rather pleasing."

Her eyes met with his, a stare so strong that the young man felt forced to look into her eyes, "Y/n-san, say you will join me."

The male stood staring at her for another couple seconds or so before he chuckled and started walking away. "I don't wanna," he smirked and raised a peace sign with his fingers.

"Hmm," she smiled slightly, "What a shame. Now how can I convince you?"

The young man smirked, "Oh? You wish to convince me, why's that?"

"You seem quite the type of person we need," Makima's smile didn't fade once throughout the conversation.

Y/n thought for a bit and let out a sigh, "I guess... I could join under one condition."

"What's that?" She asked as she waited for Y/n to reply.

"I'll be doing any task assigned alone—"

"Y/n-san in this profession we work as a team–"

"Then I won't join," Y/n crossed his arms.

"Yes, yes you will," Makima smiled widened just a little bit making him smile as well.

It was getting late, Denji, a recent recruit of the devil hunters, had fallen asleep on the table inside Aki's office of the devil hunter's headquarters. Next to him sat Power, the blood fiend, who had her feet on his back as she relaxed on the seat next to Denji.

The door of the office opened as she watched Aki walk in with some documents in his hands.

"Has Makima-san left her office?" Aki asked as Power yawned before she replied.

"No and I am getting so damn sleepy already! LET'S GO HOME!" She cried and lifted a foot and let it fall on the blonde boy's back, causing him to wake up.

"HEY GET YOUR DIRTY FOOT OFF ME!!" Yelled Denji.

"HA....?! YOU DARE RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME YOU MORTAL?!" Power spat back. Their constant arguments had Aki's head spinning.

"That's it with you two! Get out of my office, right n—" Aki exploded before suddenly his office phone started ringing. He glared at his fellow comrades and answered the phone. Hearing the voice who spoke through the phone, his face relaxed and replied in a calm voice, "Makima-san?" Denji and Power immediately quiet down, "to see us? Right now? Yes, understood."

"Hey, what happened?" Power asked as Aki set down the phone.

"You two come with me, Makima-san wants to see us," Aki informed.

"Got any idea what it's about?" Denji asked, looking over to Aki.

"I'm guessing a new recruit."

In less than 30 seconds the trio arrived at Makima's office's door. Before Aki could open the door, the blood fiend kicked the door open.

"HEH?!! ANOTHER NEWBIE?!" Power's eyes locked in with the Y/n's who stood next to Makima. "Who is it?! You?!!" she questioned the male who remained quiet.

"Y/n-san," Makima glanced at Y/n next to her who seemed uninterested, "Hayakawa Aki, he's been working here for about four years, then we have Denji and Power, they both recently joined almost a week ago."

"It's POWER, BOW BEFORE ME!" Power grinned.

Hayakawa, Denji-kin, Power-chan," Makima smiled, "please welcome our new member of the Public Safety Devil Hunters, Y/n L/n. Hayakawa, Y/n will be joining your squad, please treat him with special care."

"HAA? Another guy in the team?!" Denji looked at Y/n with a disgusted look.

"PFT! He won't survive a day with us, I'll see him perish along with Aki!" Power grinned at the young man.

"I–" Aki nervously looked away as he spoke, "Makima-san, we already have enough people in my squad, there's really—" the way Makima stared at him made Aki change his words, "I- I understand."

"Perfect, I hope you all get along. Tomorrow Y/n and Aki will be taking on the first task," Makima smiled as Y/n looked around still, "You are all dismissed."

Everyone walked out from the office, the trio walked ahead as Y/n slowly followed behind. Aki gave Y/n a glance, he slowed down his steps and spoke, "Makima-san said to take special care of you, he used a similar phrase for Denji. Are you some devil? Or have some special abilities?" Y/n looked over to Aki and looked away, towards the window. "Hey, I am talking to you, have some manners."

Aki suddenly stopped on his footsteps causing Y/n to bump into him. "Listen to what I have to say, if we are going to work together, better fix that terrible attitude of yours."

"I'm not here to please any of you. If I joined the devil hunters it's because Makima asked me to," Y/n glared at the black-haired male in front of him, "now get out of my way."

"You think you can get your way with Makima-san?! HEH, bad news for ya, we already promised a thing," Denji smirked, "go fetch your own girl."

Y/n looked at Denji with a sickened expression, "Shut up, kid."

"WHAT DID YA SAY?!" Denji exclaimed.

"If you are also just here because of Makima-san, then you too should quit, and it's "Makima-san", have some respect for her," Aki frowned and turned away to leave.

"Tsk," Y/n rolled his eyes, "heh ....idiots," he then burst into laughter as he covered both of his eyes with his hands.

"What did ya call me?!" Denji exclaimed.

"Are you calling me an idiot?!" Power stomped her feet and crossed her arms.

"DENJI! POWER!" Aki scolded as the trio got inside the elevator, "won't you come in?" Aki asked Y/n.

Y/n, now with a serious face didn't reply. This angered the black haired male even more so he let the elevator close. Y/n waited for them to leave the building, from the window he watched them leave. His eyes didn't leave them until he no longer could see where they left.

"Interesting," Y/n grinned to himself, "interesting indeed! I think I'll love it here."