No good

I was traveled in an ambulance, I was starting to lose consciousness. My eyelids drooped and my body started to relax, as faint conversations went on. Above all, I felt that hand as I was fainting, falling asleep, or dying. I don't know which one.

        My consciousness was hanging on by a thread. As my surroundings blackened slowly; the hand gripped my hand I'm a firmer hold and drew small circles on the backside. I sighed, for a reason so confusing, even through my eyes, tears trickled out of my eyes. Another hand slowly wiped my tears away.

        Though I was not aware of my progress or surroundings to worry, this hand made me feel safe and comforted. And the feeling was overwhelming. I finally lost sight of surroundings, hearing of people and machines, but never lost my feelings. Although I lost consciousness, the feeling of the hand remained. And it stayed with me for a very long time.

******

       I woke up in a hospital bed. I sighed in relief when I felt the hand. I smiled and looked over to see who was holding my hand. My smile turned into a glare and my eyes narrowed at those endless milk chocolate eyes. Gosh I need to stop looking at those eyes.

       "Get out" were the words that instantly left my lips. "You want me to leave?" Martin asked cluelessly. "Yes. How are you even here? Who told you where I was and let you in here?" I interrogated him. "I ran after you, and they let me in the ambulance because I said I was family" Martin explained.

         I put my hands on my face in frustration. Why would he run after me? Why did he think I ran away in the first place? "Please leave me alone" I said at last. "Why don't you want me here?" Marvin asked innocently. "I don't know. Probably because you leaf me on to think you felt the same about me. Or the fact, that you stole my first kiss to goodbye kiss me?" I yelled sarcastically. 

         "I'm sorry" Martin said quickly. "Real original, Martin. I'm sorry, whatever" I replied bitterly. "Well what do you want me to say?" Martin snapped. "Nothing!  Because I know you're not sorry! I want you to leave me alone. If that's too much to ask for, too bad" I exclaimed. Martin looked at me for a full minute.

        "You didn't seem so angry when I held your hand all that time. You smiled and never stopped. What's so different now?" Martin asked quietly. " What's different is that you broke my heart. And I still have to look at you at school and here. Just a reminder that you rejected me" I told him trying to force tears back where they came from.

          Martin looked away, and I swear I saw a tear slip. "Now go, you have done enough" I told him boldly. Martin nodded. He hurried to me and pressed his lips to my forehead. Then he was gone, like I asked him to be. But I didn't feel better, or any type of relief. I didn't feel what I wanted to feel. I wanted to feel his hand.

          I jumped out of my hospital and sprinted down the hall. My feet were freezing against the cold floor. Cold air hit my feet making my teeth chatter. I caught up to Martin and threw my arms around his back. I still had not recovered from this afternoon's asthma scene, but I needed him.

         Martin spun around and stared at me. I couldn't breathe or talk to him. I allowed my body to sink to the ground, and I grabbed his hand. I felt the feeling right away. The feeling I so stupidly ran for when my breathing wasn't so great. Martin scooped me up in his arms, and carried me in the direction of my hospital room.

         A nurse rushed over to me. Before she could speak, Martin stopped her. "I'm taking her back to her room. She's a little off edge". The nurse followed us back to my room. She turned to Martin and demanded solemnly, "Make sure she stays in her room". With that she left the room quietly.

           "I thought you wanted me to leave" Martin said. "I did, but I miss how your hand feels in mine" I confessed. "Don't run out of here for me or anyone ever again" Martin scolded me. I shrugged at him. "I missed you, so I went after you. No big deal" I said carelessly dismissing his command.

         "No, Elizabeth. You risked your life running after me. Don't wave it off like it's nothing" Martin said firmly. I stayed quiet running took away my ability to argue. I grabbed his hand, put against my cheek as I laid back and closed my eyes.