step seventeen

"And the beast showed itself, making a grand entrance not even the Queen herself can beat..."

••••••••••

Niall enjoyed morning runs and plays and walks and deep talks with Nappy, indeed. That's why he found himself doing the exact same thing for the next eight days. No one bothered him or pestered him to go to school; both Harry and Ashton are still angry at him.

He kept Dory company, not really feeling to go to school. He also ignored phone calls and texts from Louis and the others. He wants to be alone. Well at least, as alone as he can get while spending time with Dory and Nappy.

I can't believe I'll have this zero social life.

He used to be a social butterfly; hence the 'king' of his school. But things change and he's getting tired.

He sitting in the living room when he heard Harry pull up on the driveway. He immediately stood up and gathered his things, wanting to get away from Harry as soon as possible. He's about to climb the stairs when Harry suddenly called him.

"Niall."

He stopped on his tracks and gulped, fuck.

He turned around and was met by Harry's green eyes, "H-hey."

Harry sighed and walked towards his direction. "Follow me in my room please. I want to talk. Can we talk?"

Niall gulped again before he nodded, "Of course, we can talk."

He followed him inside his room, still holding his things which consists of his guitar, guitar pick, guitar tuner and other things that concerns his guitar. Harry laid down the things he was holding, mainly school things.

He then sat down and tapped the space beside him. Niall hesitated for a moment before he bit his lip and sat down.

"I just wanna say I'm sorry for what I've said to you. I'm just pissed." Harry said, his voice full of sincerity that it suddenly made Niall sick.

He's the wrong one here yet it's Harry who's apologizing, he's such a bastard.

He shook his head. "Nah it's my fault. I was just messing with the guys, you know. Just a bet, but then Louis and the others came up with those steps and gave it to me."

"What step are you already in Niall?"

Niall's eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean?"

"Well there were, what, five steps in there? What step are you in already?"

"Oh, just first step. Not even done with it yet. I don't want to follow that stupid thing anyway but they insisted and you know how hard to say no those guys. But it's not their fault, really. I should've been more persistent on saying no."

Harry nodded, satisfied with Niall's answer. "Okay. I'm really sorry Niall. I didn't mean all those things I've said, okay? I'm not disappointed in you, just mad."

Niall smiled but inside his head he's screaming, you're disappointed in me! Don't even deny it! Why do you keep on lying to make me feel better?! This is not fair it's making me feel more guilty! More sick of myself!

But he kept all those inside and said instead, "It's okay and I believe you. I knew I shouldn't have done that."

"Will you stop and not participate with that bet?" Harry asked.

Niall nodded fervently, he doesn't want Harry get mad at him again. It doesn't feel good. "I'll stop Haz."

Harry patted his head and smiled. "Okay then, will you go to school on Monday? Michael told me you've already missed a lot. You know you don't have to skip school right?"