step twenty-three

"But I won't hesitate no more, no more. It cannot wait, I'm yours..."
••••••••••
"W-what... Why, why would you say that?"

Niall can't believe Harry is asking him this. Him? Likes Mr. Malik? No way.

"I don't know it's just that-"

"No, I don't like him Harry why-"

"Listen to me Ni-"

"No-"

"Then why are you looking at him like that?"

"Like what?"

"God Niall, I'm not blind. Especially while you're up there singing that song of 500 summer sauce or something. You're looking at him Niall, and I haven't seen you looking at someone like that before."

Niall rolled his eyes. "Like what Harry? Please be specific. Besides, he's not the only one I was looking at-"

Harry sighed. "He is the only one you are looking at Niall. And you're asking me what kind of look you were giving him? Well, you're looking at him like, like he's the only person in the room. Like he's so special in your eyes, like you're trying to deliver something to him singing that song."

Niall stared at Harry for a few minutes, thinking of what the other lad said. Did I really look at him like that? He pursed his lips. No, shut up brain. Stop over-thinking. Harry is just seeing things.

"No Harry."

"No what?"

"No as in, no I don't like him. I don't even know why you're asking. Now if you would excuse me."

Niall didn't attended the rest of Music class though. He just get his things and sneaked out, not really worried about skipping classes. He just wants to get out of this place, it's suffocating him and he can't breathe and the worst thing is he doesn't know why.

Calm yourself, Niall. Calm the fuck down, okay?

He climbed inside his car and drove back home.

♥♥♥

It's Monday. Niall didn't attended his classes last Friday, afraid to see Mr. Malik and up until now, he's still wondering why he's afraid to see the older lad in the first place. He shrugged at himself as he downed the last of his lunch.

"Niall, are your things ready?" Niall heard Harry shout from wherever he is.

"A little. I'll finish in about an hour, I guess."

With that, Harry came inside the dining room where Niall is. "Niall, what do you mean not yet? You should hurry up! We might get late!"

Niall rolled his eyes at the other boy. "Jeez Haz, fine fine. Just lemme put my dishes on the sink."

Harry groaned and exited the room. Niall sighed. He doesn't want to attend the camp fire to be honest. He thinks it's a stupid thing, and they're gonna do it on a Monday night. How very ridiculous. He doesn't want to see Mr. Malik too. He tried talking to Harry but to no avail. He said that Niall needs to attend because it's a teenager thing and Niall's a teenager and it's a way to enhance his social skills. He also said that this is one of those 'once-in-a-lifetime' thing when in fact, the school does this yearly so it's really not a big deal anymore. At least to Niall.

Apparently, a lot of senior students are still fascinated by the idea. For example, Louis.

One he's finished, he took a shower and got dragged to school by Harry where school buses are waiting for all the students to arrive. Niall immediately spotted his group of friends, waved at them and walked towards them with Harry in tow.