step nineteen

//baby i love you i never want to let you go//the more i think about, the more i want to let you know//everything you do is super fucking cute and i can't stand it//

••••••••••

I don't know about you but Niall finds museums quite fascinating. Today, the seniors are having a 'semi' field trip. They're going to London which is five hours away from their town. It's just 3:30 in the morning and all the students are cranky and sleepy. Well, besides Niall. He's so excited that he is so giddy which irritated lots of his friends.

"Niall please tone down your excitement. You're making me cringe."

Niall looked at Luke and sassily rolled his eyes but became all smiley again once Principal Mayhem spoke up.

"Are students complete already? If they are, then please let them in the bus."

Harry sighed in relief as well as the whole student body, at least they can sleep at the bus while travelling. Except Niall. He sighed in relief because alas, they're gonna start travelling towards his favorite places.

Once he seated on the far back- the very last seat- of the bus, he waited for one of his friends to sit with him but no one did. Even Harry chose Louis over him which made him pout.

"Harreh, why aren't 'ya sitting with me?" He asked.

Harry, who's sitting two seats before him,  just rolled his eyes. "You're too energetic in such an ungodly hour Ni. I doubt I'll be able to sleep with 'ya."

"He's right. I'd rather sit with his idiot ass than that excited yours." Added Louis which made Harry glare at him.

Luke and Michael snickered at what Louis said while Ashton remained silent sitting beside Calum.

Whatever. I'm just gonna sit here by myself. At least I have the whole seat.

He settled on his seat, looking at the window. He was about to relax when he heard giggles coming from the front of the bus.

Oh no. It's Bubs and her sidekicks!

His face looked horrified. No, he doesn't want to spend the whole five hours sitting with any of them so when Bubs came up to him and asked in a flirty way, "Is this seat taken?"

He immediately shook his head to say no. Bubs frowned.

"Well I don't see anyone sitting and it seems like it's only you bag up there."

Niall frantically thought of an excuse. "Well, he's uhm, not yet here."

"Only the teachers are outsi-"

Once Niall realized what Bubs is saying, he looked at the entrance of the bus and saw Mr. Malik looking for a free seat. Niall gulped before he waved and called the teacher, cutting Bubs off.

"Mr. Malik, here!" Niall didn't wait for Mr. Malik's reaction and turned to Bubs. "You see, Mr. Malik asked me to save a seat for him. So..."

Bubs just rolled her eyes and walked towards the free seat near the front. Niall gulped as he watched Mr. Malik make his way towards him, smirking.

This is stupid, Niall. Real stupid.

"If you want to sit with me, you should've told me earlier. No need to surprise me." Mr. Malik said once he arrived in front of Niall.

"Nothing personal to be honest." Then he toned down his voice, "I just don't want to sit beside her."

"Whatever that'll make you sleep at night."

He just rolled his eyes and once Mr. Malik sit beside him, he did a quick look around to see if anyone was looking at them weirdly for sitting together. No one is.