Fourteen

Z A N E

"San ka nanaman pupunta? Pagabi na ha, lagi ka ng umaalis," Tanong ko.

"May pupuntahan lang ako, t-tinawagan ako ni Kate
may sasabihin daw siya,"

"Samahan na kita, may gusto din akong sabihin kay Kate."

"May dadaanan pa ako bago siya puntahan. Take care. I'll be going now." He responded. He kissed me before he left.

Tuluyan siyang umalis. Nasa sala lang ako nakaupo, I decided to message Kate, nagtataka lang ako kasi yun nalang lagi ang dahilan ni Vince pag-aalis siya.

@nicsadams: Kate, pinapapunta mo ba jan' si Vince?

@ktxjms: No, why?

@nicsadams: Sabi niya kasi e, na may sasabihin
ka daw sana. I was also about to come with him, pero sinabi niya may dadaanan pa raw siya.

@ktxjms: That sounds suspicious,
Should I text him though?

@nicsadams: Thanks Kate, but don't worry, I'll just ask him when he comes home.

@ktxjms: Where are u right now?

@nicsadams: Nasa bahay namin sa QC, wala ako sa Condo.

@ktxjms: Okay, balitaan mo'ko.

As I left the house and walked around the side, my eyes caught an unfamiliar car entering our wide driveway. My heart raced as I saw a woman stepping out of the car. I blinked multiple times, trying to convince myself that what I was seeing was not real. But it was her, my mother who left me years ago without any explanation.

A mix of emotions filled me up as she stood before me. I was stunned and frozen in place, full of hatred and anger towards her. Wala siyang karapatang bumalik para disturbuhin ulit ang buhay ko.

"Anak," she said, her voice trembling with emotions and trying to reach for a hug.

It took a long time for me to close my eyes again before opening to confirm kung nandito ba talaga siya sa harapan ko. She was still there, standing in front of me, hindi iyon hallucinations ko lamang.

I took a step back, running away from her out of the gate.

I thought I had completely forgotten about her, and that she would never come back. But now, she was back, and I couldn't help but wonder and ask the unanswered questions of mine again.

Why did she leave me?

Paano niya natiis na iwan ang anak niya?

Bakit kinailangan niyang umalis ng ganon-ganon nalang?

As I sat in the waiting shed in front of our village, tears streamed down my face, I wondered if this was all I could do for the rest of my life, ang umiyak.

Six years had passed, and I thought I was okay without her, but I was wrong. The pain of her leaving me was still fresh in my heart, and her sudden appearance after years had opened up old wounds.

As I lifted my gaze, my heart skipped a beat. There she was, standing a few feet away from me, the one who had caused me so much pain. I slowly rose to my feet, trying to gather my thoughts as she spoke.