001. know that i loved you so bad

"FAVORITE CRIME!" —
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

"FAVORITE CRIME!" —𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲

. ! know that i loved you so bad ¡ ☁️ʚ˚
[ episode one ]

Twenty two years ago, six teens hosted a new years rave. It was a huge party to commemorate the new century. They were having fun, all six of them. The best of friends with their leader Davie. She was a fearless leader, one none of the others would dare to cross, even if it meant hurting another girl.

Now they didn't want to hurt anyone, nor would they ever do it quite on purpose. No, they weren't monsters. Jennifer Avery was one of the six girls. She tried to be perfect, she truly did. She did homework until she knew it would get an A, she practiced her figure skating until late into the night. She did everything to make sure she was perfect, including being the perfect friend.

Jennifer loved Davie with her entire being. They were each other's lifelines. So when Davie told her and her friends to do something, she would do it in a heartbeat. She did it, just like Davie said, and even when a girl begged on her knees, mascara stained tears running down her cheeks, she ignored her and then watched her jump to her death right in front of her at the countdown to midnight.

What could be worse than that? Well, leaving said dead girl alone in a barn for someone to find two days later without calling for help.

Jennifer regretted that day all the time. She vowed that night that she would change, and that's exactly what she did. She went to college and on a field trip with her college friends one day she met a boy, who she fell in love with. Lucas Watson was a trainee detective, and a very handsome one at that. The two moved back to Milwood, and while Jennifer became a figure skating coach, Lucas was a detective.

Lucas often had to fly out for work, going to different places for cases. It meant that Jennifer was alone a lot but she was okay, she had her own friends and Lucas was there enough for her. He was there even more when Jennifer became pregnant.

And in came Andrea Watson, their pride and joy. Andrea grew up in a nice household. She got good grades and had a good relationship with her mum but she was closer to her dad. Andrea had some good friends as she grew up, people from her volleyball team, some from her fashion class and others from the protests she went to.

And that brings us to now, twenty two years since the new years party.

Jennifer never spoke a word about what happened. She never really even spoke about her high school experience, usually her stories for Andrea either started at college or skipped junior and senior year. Andrea was never suspicious, nor did she ever question it. She simply went along with the stories and tried to be the best for her already perfect mother.