► Guild House ◄

After going inside, Ike walked to the middle of the hall and stopped while raising his arms. He had a big grin on his face while he euphorically said 'This will be your guild house. What do you think, Shoto? Isn't it perfect?' Shoto looked at Vox who contently grinned and stepped closer to Ike before circling around himself while observing the inner part of the building.

It was a big spacious hall with many wooden tables lined up, leading to a reception desk with a door behind it. Maybe there was a room behind it, or it was just a back door. The chairs were all over the place as if the people sitting on it were in a hurry to leave. In the middle of the room, where Ike was standing, lay a fringed red carpet hanging on to dear life. There was a torch holder attached to every pillar along the walls. Everything else must have been taken, but the overall condition of it was quite good.

After assessing the room, Shoto turned to Ike with an equally big grin. 'Are you kidding? It's more than I could've ever imagined. Are you sure you want to give it to me?' Ike laughed 'Haha. Yes, we are sure. And it's not for free as you know. Your guild is going to protect everyone, remember?' Shoto answered, 'How could I ever forget? Then, I will take it gladly. Thank you so much. There is only one problem left...' Ike asked confused. 'Oh, and what could that be?' Shoto frowned slightly
'I don't have any guild members... I can't possibly protect everyone on my own.' Vox interfered sounding a little hurt 'What do you mean, on your own? I'm also protecting everyone. Did you forget, how you met me? I'm a little hurt...' Shoto gasped and apologized right after, 'I'm so sorry Vox. That's not what I meant. I...' Vox chuckled and said 'I was just messing with you. I'm not hurt. Don't worry, I know what you meant.' Vox gave him a little wink and Shoto blushed slightly. 'Oh. Thank goodness. Please don't tease me like that.' Vox could swear, he saw a little pout on his face and that just gave him one thought. How can someone be so cute?

'Don't worry' Ike started. 'I already have a few people in mind that may be more than happy to join. Three to be precise. They are good friends of ours. The rest will solve itself when more residents move to our vicinity.' Vox nodded with a content smile and said 'You are going to love them, Shoto.' Shoto calmed down after listening, 'Thank you guys. I'm already excited to meet them.'

'That's the spirit.' Ike said elated. 'How about we make our way back? It's almost lunch time and I'm starving.' Vox suggested while rubbing his stomach lightly, earning him chuckles from his companions. 'Yes. Let's do that' Ike agreed. 'How about you? Are you hungry, Shoto?' He asked. 'Now that you mention it. Yes, I'm a little hungry. I can inspect the rest of the hall at a later time' Shoto shrugged. With that, they exited the building and started heading back to the castle.

They only made a few steps, when they suddenly heard a loud noise that sounded a little like thunder, but not quite the same. The three jolted their heads towards the direction of the noise. 'W-what was that?' Shoto staggered. Ike turned around again with a worried expression plastered on his face. 'I think, I know who caused that noise.' Then he looked at Vox who added, 'Yeah, me too. I can feel the magic energy fluctuating through the air.' Now, more curious than shocked, Shoto asked, 'Who are you talking about? Magic energy? Wait, is someone with magic power nearby? Is it an enemy.' Ike turned back to Shoto and started explaining, 'Yes and no. One of our friends is a sorcerer. So, he is the one emitting the magic energy and he is obviously not an enemy. But, it seems like he is fighting someone. We need to go and see what is happening.' Vox interrupted, 'Wait Ike, I'll go on ahead and assess the situation. Also, I'm faster than you and, since you normally don't fight, we don't know, how dangerous it could become for you. Could you stick to Shoto, just in case? He can protect you, since he knows how to fight.' Ike answered, 'Understood. We'll be careful. Right Shoto?' 'Yes. Just leave it to me.' The pruplette proudly agreed. Vox gave him a thankful smile before making his way to the location of the noise.

╔════════════════════════════

775 Words. Phew. I tried to not make this chapter too long. So we can start the action soon. But it still happened, haha.
But, a little spoiler. There will be some action next chapter! And since I published this chapter a little earlier than planned, I will publish the next chapter on Friday. It's only fair because there isn't much that happened this chapter.

Thank you guys <3

╚════════════════════════════