03: Betrothed

__

Chapter 3
__

Daemon

I have awoken from such a headache. "Water" i looked to my side and saw rhaenyra handing me a goblet that wss filled with water.

I accepted the goblet and drank the water. "The council meeting starts in an hour and a half. Better get ready uncle" She says before ordering the maid to ready the tub.

I scrubbed my eyes as i saw the maids readying the tub.

When the maids were done, i signalled them to leave as i took a cold bath.

I never give a fuck about court as i spend my time travelling with caraxes.

After i took a bath, i changed into something nice. My hair was slicked back, i wore a outfit with the colors of my house, mix of red and black.

I stood up and grabbed dark sister and left my chambers for the meeting. Is that meeting that important that i need to be there?

As i entered the chambers of the small council, i see that cunt hightower, lord beesbury, the grand maester, mellos, and corlys.

"Ah Daemon so good for you to join us today" Viserys stood up from his chair to take me for a embrace. Of course i had to accept it.

As i sat down in my old chair, i see viserys eating again at some point he would die from eating to much.

Of course i looked around. Hightower's face, such a sorrow face. After the king naming me heir, he looked desperate for my brother to marry his daughter for that he could have his grandsons to be king. What a cunt.

"Well i have called you to announce something" Viserys looked at me before taking a bite of his chicken. He looked like a hungry man. Don't tell me nobody fed him yet.

"Dare i ask?" i say as i looked at him.

"Well i want to make a betrothal for you and my daughter rhaenyra" he awkwardly smiled at me.

Rhaenyra? Really.

I looked at otto and he seemed awfully disappointed, serves him right.

"Well you are now heir, you are good to marry someone who is targaryen, having heirs that are full blooded would bring glory to our house" His words.. He doesn't trust me, he still thinks that I'll be a second maegor.

Otto has hit him hard now.

I inhaled. "That would make sense" he is doing me a great favor, breaking that marriage between me and my bronze bitch from vale would do me better.

And i know better that my relationship with Rhaenyra can result to something better.

He shouldn't have been selling his daughter to a lord who has a bigger castle.

"Well i will held a royal wedding ceremony for you two, a feast will be held tonight as it will be the last night until you two are wed" He laughed as he stood up, i stood as well. He embraced me. "You'll be a great king, brother" i glanced at otto and he seemed annoyed.