22: Dragon Incoming

__

Chapter 22
__

Rhaenyra

I have awoken from my slumber, i have sat in my bed as i received a letter from Alicent. I wonder what it is.

I glanced at daemon who was sleeping peacefully while his hands snaked around my waist.

'Rhaenyra,

I have heard of my father exiled from the capital. What is this. My father worked so hard to achieve his position in the council and your dear husband just have to take it away.

Rhaenyra, i am humbly asking you to pursue the return of my father's position. It is the only i will ask from you. You cannot just do that to my father, Rhaenyra i beg of you.

Daemon cannot just take that away. I want to talk to you as i am on my way to the capital.

- Alicent'

My brows furrowed. What did she mean by that. Is she putting up an unreasonable fight.

I didn't know what she meant. I sighed before standing up to take a bath. If she's coming here then I'll gladly welcome here.

"When your highness wakes up do tell him that i am meeting lady alicent. Make sure to ready his bath and his clothes" I ordered the maids before i came downstairs as i was informed that alicent was here.

"Welcome Alicent! Do sit" i smiled at her as she just sat down with no emotion.

"Why have you come here?" I asked as she took a sip of her tea before putting it down.

"It is about your husband. Rhaenyra as i said in my letter, i beg of you. My father worked hard for this and you husband cannot just walk in it just because he can. Rhaenyra you have been my friend for so long and i tell you for so long that your husband will be up to no good!-" before she could even finish her sentence, my fist hit the wooden table hard.

She seemed startled.

"It is Princess Rhaenyra or Your Highness to you. Not rhaenyra. It is also Prince Daemon or Your Highness, not just daemon. You do not have that kind of power to use the names of royals without their title, it shows no respect. Lady Alicent. See the difference?" i asked before faking a smile. She has no right to come here in my home and slander my husband, I've had enough.

"The difference is you are a lady, you hold a title as Lady Of Sunspear, Wife to The Lord Of Sunspear while I hold the title Princess, Princess of Dragonstone, Husband to The Heir Of The Seven Kingdoms. Try to utter a word and let's see where you and your family land" I gave a fake smile before drinking my tea.

She doesn't have the right to slander my husband, no one gave her the right. I will no longer see her as my friend.

"Goodbye, Lady Alicent" i said before asking my sworn protector to help lady alicent on her way out.

When i arrived in my chambers, daemon was no longer seen only my children who was waiting for me.

As i was going to call them i felt a strong thing coming out my throat, i ran to the bathroom before throwing it all up.

My hand maiden, Aera, was there helping me making sure i was alright, she had a couple of maids with her.

"Are you alright, your highness?" she asked. "I don't know, I'm feeling ill" i was feeling weird all week, it is a uncomfortable feeling.

"Shall i call for Lady Edith?" I nodded before she ordered the maids to call for Lady Edith.

"Mama, are you okay?" Aegon asked. "I am feeling off the weather" i tried to smile.

"Can you bring them all to aegon's room" i ordered their wet nurses as they nodded before bowing.

When lady edith arrived she helped me. I don't know why i was sick for the past week. My blood is also a little late but lady edith says it's normal for blood to be a little late.

"Congratulations! Another babe, princess" she exclaimed. My eyes widened. I was filled with joy.

"Aera, do you know where the prince is" i asked.

I'll tell daemon, he will sure be the happiest. Daemon really cares for the children and hearing another one coming will surely bring joy to his face.

"The prince daemon is in a meeting, your highness but he will be back. Shall i call for him?" she asked. I nodded before smiling.

Another babe for the heir. His claim will be stronger, i don't think anyone can challenge his claim.

"Do you think it will be a girl, lady edith?" i asked. "I am not sure, princess. Whether it will be a prince or a princess it does not matter, it matters that the babe is healthy and in great shape" lady edith smiled. I do hope it is healthy, i also wish that it is a boy. I mean the gender does not matter but i just wish.

Whether it is i will love it with my whole heart.

I spent my time waiting for him but he has not come yet, i asked aera but she says that daemon has left, when the sky became dark, i fell asleep.

I have awoken by the loud thumps of boots. I sat down by the bed and saw that daemon was here taking off his boots by the fire.

The moon glistened.

I stood up and walked towards him to massage his shoulders. "Have i awoken you?" he asked softly, i shook my hewd and smiled.

I sat by his lap as his hand was on my waist. "I bear news that you'll surely love"

"What is it?"

"Well another dragon incoming" his eyes widened as his gaze went to my belly. He smiled before our lips claimed eachother.

"Really?" he asked in happiness. "Yes. I was waiting for you earlier but aera says you left"

He then kissed my belly. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I had to go to driftmark to give lord corlys a visit" he explained before smiling.

It brings me joy to see him happy. I'll make sure to give him an army! It is what he deserves.

____

Sorry for the inactivity :)