Sayaka Maizono: Part 1

This book currently has over 2,400 reads. I'm honestly shocked about it. Thank you so much for reading this, I can't even begin to say how much it means to me! I hope you enjoy this chapter, and thank you again for reading it!

Your talent

• You are the Ultimate Doctor.

How you met

• You walked into the medical wing of Hope's Peak Academy, a place for Ultimate students with talents related to the medical field. The weight of the responsibility on your shoulders was finally hitting you. It'd be an understatement to say that it was kind of nerve-wracking.

• You'd shown a fascination for science since you were able to read. In particular, learning about the study of medicine was your favorite. Not only was the science aspect of it intriguing to you, but you also liked the idea of being able to help people feel better.

• That was all it took to set you down the path of becoming a doctor. You studied incessantly, learning as much as you could about the subjects that would be needed in medical school. Any and all of the free time you had was spent studying.

• Thanks to your diligence and ability to retain information well, you were able to take the admissions test to medical school by the time you were 10 years old. It was truly unprecedented, and it required a lot of meetings to figure out if you should be allowed to take the tests.

• Thankfully, you were given permission to do so. You became the youngest person to ever get a perfect score on their medical school admissions exams. At that point, you were contacted by Hope's Peak Academy. They made you an offer: If you could finish medical school, you could attend Hope's Peak as the Ultimate Doctor.

• That was all of the encouragement you needed. 4 years passed and you'd completed medical school. You were officially a student at Hope's Peak. In order to improve your talent, the school decided to put you in charge of helping the other students with injuries and illnesses. Most doctors weren't used to seeing injuries associated with Ultimate students, so it was the perfect way to improve your understanding of how to treat uncommon injuries and ailments.

• You weren't expected to do this alone. You had a whole team helping you. Some of the other Ultimates working with you were: the Ultimate Nurse, the Ultimate Physical Therapist, the Ultimate Surgeon, and the Ultimate Pharmacist. Before starting, you understandably had to sign a lot of paperwork. Confidentiality was important for every patient you saw, and it was something that you valued greatly.

• Even though it was only your first day there, you were already busy with a lot of different injuries. One student had the strings of a guitar stuck to their fingers. Another student needed treatment for a snake bite, which was thankfully not caused by a venomous snake. The only problem was that the snake was still attached to the student.

• Your first few months consisted of treating injuries like that. Day after day, you saw the most confusing injuries. Gradually, you became used to the types of injuries and illnesses you had to treat. It was exhausting at first, but you began to look forward to whatever challenges would come your way.

• As the seasons started to change, more students started getting infected with common illnesses like the flu and colds. On a day that was a little colder than most, you were walking back to the medical wing from the lunchroom. You were in your own world, thinking about how much time was left in the day, and you felt someone softly tap your shoulder.