3.21 - Pyre

3rd Person POV:

People say that when you die, seven minutes of your life flashes before your eyes. It could involve your greatest memories or your biggest regrets. Your biggest dreams or your worst nightmares. Anything that provides comfort in your final moments before the body shuts down completely.

7.......

For (Y/N), her husband-to-be was at the forefront of her mind. She thought of all the times they laughed.

6......

All the times they cried.

5.....

The times of love they shared in the comfort of their secret home away from the world.

4....

But then that moment of comfort ended, and she couldn't think of anything but Chat Blanc.

3...

Her husband that had been psychologically tortured.

2..

Her husband that loved her and lost her to the jealousy of what once was a friend, and the power-hungriness of what once was a father.

1.

No, she didn't feel peace anymore. In her world, there was no such thing.

0

|~|

A single speck of ash in the shape of a heart shined brightly, blinking rapidly like the pulse of a heartbeat. Another piece of ash shined, copying the pace before all surrounding specks begin to shine brightly, blowing closer together and forming the shape of a body. The ashes slowly begin to piece themselves back together, until a woman is completely formed.

A soul once lost, found its rightful body.

Phoenixes were born to die, but they were also meant to be born again.

|~|

"Your fever hasn't gone back down?" Adrien's voice questions from over the phone, not able to be with her at the moment as he was at fencing practice.

"Not yet, " (Y/N) sniffles, "I would get out of bed to at least try and walk around, but I can't even feel my legs, and my side hurts really bad, and I don't know why."

Feu flutters around the girl's head with a cold towel, dabbing the sweat away from her brow, with Nathaniel not far behind with a thermometer to recheck her temperature.

"But I promise I'll be okay, and I'll text you updates as soon as I get them." (Y/N) reassures. Adrien hadn't said anything, but she can feel how worried sick he is about her.

"Okay... just.. take it easy. Rest." Adrien's concerned voice sounds through the phone.

"I am, I promise—" (Y/N) suddenly freezes when a chill goes down her spine. Feu freezes at the same time, having felt what she did. "I'll.. text you later. Bye."