if you told me that being stood on a stairway with two people staring up at me and ricky with a disturbed and mad look in their eyes, i wouldn't have believed you but this was my life and unfortunately, i was going to have to accept that there was no easy way out of this. i needed to speak to tilly, not so much thomas but definitely tilly.

but ricky had to screw it all up because he's infurating, i was going to have the chance of speaking to her but now, i very much doubt that they will, especially if tilly recognises her sister's ex-boyfriend who may or may not have killed her.

"uh hi, can we be at any assistance?" tilly asked. she spoke very formal and it felt weird. so weird that ricky's eyes widened when she spoke the way she did.

"follow my lead and come up with a fake name, that way we won't seem suspicious" i whispered in ricky's ear before coming up to shake their hands.

"hi, i'm really sorry to interrupt your intimate hook up but i really need to speak to you tilly" i have to admit, my choice of words made everyone uncomfortable but what do you want me to say? 

"ok? about what?"

"about your sister, lily keegan" 

"she doesn't want to speak to you about her dead sister, we all know who killed her!" thomas added as i roll my eyes, my steps coming closer towards to where he was stood.

"i wasn't asking for your opinion thomas, so keep your mouth shut, can you do that?" 

"this is pointless though, i don't know who the hell you are"

"for your information, i don't even know myself so i'm glad that we can agree on something, now tilly, why are you here with this asshole? shouldn't you be trying to find out where she is? like your parents are doing?"

"i... i needed a break tonight" 

"ok, so let me get this straight, you decided that your break would be spent swapping spit with thomas barkley, the guy who technically pushed a girl down some stairs because he couldn't handle the fact that he was going to have to handle a child"

"you're lucky i'm not throwing you down a flight of stairs" his hold on me was aggressive but before he could really hurt me, ricky punched his jaw resulting in blood spilling everywhere.

"you... did you just punch me?"

"if you say anything about her, i'm going to kill you, if you lay a finger on her, i am going to kill you and if you even look at her, i will kill you and i'd do it with pleasure" his eyes were dark, a hint of protectiveness in them as tilly looked at us both.

i thought he looked good, i mean, he was always attractive but as his arm was draped around my waist, i couldn't help but feel something weird in the pit of my stomach. it was so weird, but my eyes couldn't stop staring at him.

no- i'm not allowing myself to do that!

i yelp when i feel thomas come closer to me, ricky possessiveness increasing by the minute. his hand is covered in thomas' blood, probably from the punch he through but he doesn't seem to be phased at all by the fact that his hand is bleeding. if anything, he's more concerned about me.

"watch your back, the both of you" thomas gives us a glare as i try to grab tilly to get her attention before she walks away.

so much for trying to talk to her!