Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Mew swipes his own keycard. When they get in, Mew saw that Glen, along with the help of Dr. Ritz was busy with his father.

There's a wooden barrel in the bedroom, and the whole place was warm.

Glen was busy watching Ritz as he put countless needles on Milton.

Gulf's eyes widened.

"Asian medicine?" he blurted out.

Mew nodded, "Yes, Liu Glenn's ancestors came from great doctors of Jong Dynasty. His ancestor came from the lineage of Minister Kim, the Righteous Master... A close confidant of the one and only Male Empress of Thailand or known as Ancient Siam back then, Empress Han."

Gulf was in awe. He looked at Liu Glen with eyes full of admiration, which made Mew a little jealous.

"Don't look at him like that."

Gulf's forehead wrinkled. "Like what?"

"Like you want to keep him in your pocket." Mew snorted and looked at him.
"How long will it take?"

"Another 10 minutes. I already started the whole process before Mr. Liu came."

Of course, Ritz was also very well informed about Asian medicine.
That's why him being a team with Glen became easy.

Gulf and Mew talked again while waiting, and after that, Ritz informed them that Milton had done with his session for the day.

They entered the room and saw him wrapped in a bathrobe and was sitting in the bed.

"Dad..." Mew greeted him, "How are you feeling?"

Milton looked more lively now. His pale appearance seemed to become rosier.

"I'm feeling better. Where is the vixen?!" His voice shook. He already had an idea of what happened.

"I had her locked up. Dad, this is Gulf Davidson, son of Alesa and Mitchell, we came here to ask for questions." Mew pulled Gulf beside him.

"Hello, Mr. Johannesburg. Please take time to hear the recording." Gulf greeted him.

Mew pressed the play button.

After hearing it, Milton was stunned.

"Alice... She was that wretched woman?!" He suddenly stood up, but he sat down again when he felt dizzy.

"Dad, calm down..." Mew helped him to lie down.

Gulf was stunned when he saw how mad Mr. Johannesburg was.

"Who is Alice? Why does she resort to killing my parents? What's the enmity between them?" Gulf felt a lump surge up his throat, which he swallowed bitterly.

He loved his parents too much that their death became too painful for him to reminisce.

"Alice Davidson, she's an adopted sister of Mitchell, we went to the same university back then, Mitchell and I are best friends while Mitchell dated Alesa, I was arranged to marry Alice but I meet Vena from one of my business trips who later on we found out that Vena was a childhood friend of Alesa. I fell in love with Vena and decided to break the engagement between Alice and me. My parents were so mad and even refused to give me my inheritance. I strived on my own back to zero for Vena... She helped me get back on track. Hence, we started Johannesburg Group of Companies in Edinburgh, which later on became more prosperous because of Mew."

It is true that Mew's parents started the company, but most of the branches were made possible when Mew became the overall CEO.

"What about Mom's kidnapping back then?" Mew asked, and he looked at Gulf, who was thinking as well.

"If Alice was my Dad's adopted sister, then why did she kill my parents?"
Gulf asked as well.

"Alice disappeared after she failed to do her scheme... She ran away. It was Alesa who informed us back then when we settled in Edinburgh. When my parents died, I found out that they left a will and stated that my inheritance would be divided into two, half will be given to Mew and half will be given to Mew's children. That makes my second brother mad because it was him who helped the company when my parents disowned me."

Mew's back straightened when he heard the word "second brother."

He remembered the CCTV footage, and then he got his phone , and he kept the copy of footage from Gulf.

"Dad, look... Isn't this second Uncle?"

Mr. Johannesburg's eyes squinted.
"Where was this taken?"

"There's a possibility that he was the one who drove the truck that killed Alesa and Mitchell." Mew said and explained the investigation.

Gulf closed his eyes tightly, hearing again the death of his parents. He felt so painful and hard to breathe.

Mew held his hand tight and comforted him. These actions didn't miss Mr. Johannesburg's eyes, but he was more concerned about his second brother.

"What?! That's impossible... Back then, Fred was chasing Alesa... He won't possibly be killing her just like that..." he mumbled before his eyes became Fierce again.

"Mew! Bring that woman to me. I want to ask her where the real Vena is... How come I didn't notice that she's not the same person? I failed as a husband... I failed to protect my wife... What if... What if something happened to her? Mew! What if—" Mr. Johannesburg shows signs of being overly anxious, and it might trigger his poison to relapse.

"Dad, calm down... We will get to the bottom of this problem. It's not a good idea for you to face her head on. Remember, she poisoned you. I will go to Thailand to investigate Second Uncle personally. Don't worry and focus on recovering. After you recover, I will surprise you."

The surprise he meant is a grandson, or another grandson or granddaughter if he hits bullseye last night.

"We will leave for now, Dad."

"Mr. Johannesburg, please be well."
Gulf lowered his head as a sign of respect and held Mew's hand, and then they left to plan on their trip to Thailand.

Gulf hoped that the real Vena was alive and well, even if his parents had already died... At least Mew has his parents that Gulf can still call as his own in the future.