i. -- eyes on me.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER ONE —— 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦.
" yeah, i know you're a stranger
but i'm liking the danger
of the "i don't know."
"
 conan gray, overdrive.

" "— conan gray, overdrive

i.

THE WEATHER WAS exceptionally warm for the late hour, there was only the light breeze following two boys sneaking through the old train station, the sound of their footsteps drowned out by the loud music coming from nearby. Loud, but not louder than the revving of the engines; both car and motorcycle ones. Sky wasn't quite sure how exactly he could tell the difference — obviously, engines of different machines had distinct sounds, but he wasn't good with vehicles of any kind. In fact, he had absolutely no clue about anything related to that whatsoever. He did laugh at Rain for not knowing how to change his tire, but the truth was that Sky got his license by pure luck; either that or his examiner was a little bit drunk and a whole lot annoyed. That's probably why Rain said he would never, ever let Sky drive his car. Which was fair, really, but he still made a fuss out of principle.

"Sky, hold on a moment," Rain's voice made him come to a stop and he kicked some pebbles from under his shoe before turning back to look at his best friend. Rain's doe eyes were flickering between him and the road in front of them, and Sky frowned because this was his idea. It's not like Sky wanted to be out at two in the morning on a weekday!

"What? Are you chickening out now? After I went through all the trouble to get you here?"

"Who's chickening out? How did you even get me here? How did you find out about the race? You didn't do anything illegal, did you?" Varain kept asking, suspiciously eyeing his best friend. There was this glint in Sky's eyes that Rain didn't like; he always had that look before he went to cause trouble or before he was about to make fun of Rain. Looking at Sky's appearance, no one would say that he's a troublemaker, and it's not like he was trying very hard to get involved in the drama, but it somehow kept finding him and more times than not it was Rain that had to help him. Though Sky would probably say the same about him. That's why they stuck together, he guessed.