iii. -- not a date.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER THREE —— 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦.
" and now he's looking for
something meaningless. "
dpr ian, nerves.

 "— dpr ian, nerves

i.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU tell me that P'Payu's friend is our boss?"

"Oh? You didn't know?" Rain asked with genuine surprise, as if the identity of every single employee at TEMPEST ARTS was common knowledge that Sky should have gotten familiar with on his own. He sent Rain a pointed look, leaning back on his chair and making it slide a little on the wheels. "Wait, I completely forgot! P'Pai did ask about you before. He said he helped you get out of the race!"

"The race during which you ditched me for your boyfriend?" Sky reminded, hoping it will steer the conversation away from something Sky most definitely didn't want to talk about.

Rain pouted. "I already apologized a million times. But, to be fair, I did tell you to stay behind the container," he added just because he had to, making Sky snort. "But P'Pai is super nice, isn't he? What a coincidence that you bumped into him out of all people and now he's your boss," Rain sighed dreamily. Sky scowled at his friend; Rain's brain was all mushy from dating Payu so he should have known that trying to have a coherent conversation with him was pointless at best and irritating at worst. "Imagine if you two ended up like me and P—"

"Do not finish that sentence, Varain, or you won't live to see another day," Sky warned.

"Okay, you really need to stop using my name like that. It scares me, it does," Rain repeated, hugging himself and exaggerating a shudder as he looked back at his drawing tablet. "But why did you suddenly ask about our boss? Did you meet him here? I've heard P'Pai is extra busy these days because of that new game they're launching next month, so he either has meetings all day or stays in his office to complete the paperwork. P'Payu's been busy because of that, too," the boy sighed again, propping his chin on his hand. He looked like a maiden from an old movie, waiting for her husband to return home from war, and Sky couldn't stop his snort. "Oh, sure, laugh it up. But one day it's going to be you. You can't run from the mark on your arm, Naphon," he grinned and Sky reflexively rolled his eyes to feign annoyance even as something twisted inside of him.

Rain didn't know. He didn't know because he didn't need to know. He was way too empathetic to tell him something so grim, Sky would feel awful because he knew Rain would be reminded of it each time he saw Sky. He'd feel too guilty to talk about P'Payu and Sky actually enjoyed listening to this silly guy rambling about his soulmate; he wasn't envious, he thought that Rain deserved to meet his person so early because it made him glow. And as far as Sky was concerned, P'Payu was completely smitten by Rain as well, so... the bliss wasn't just on Rain's side. It was genuinely nice to see them together. But that's why Sky never told his best friend the truth and he thought it's better that way.