vi. -- the unwilling assistant.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER SIX -- the unwilling assistant.
" something funny that i've found
is just how quickly worlds burn down
make one wrong turn and you can't turn around,
one wrong turn can burn things to the ground.
"
- alec benjamin, one wrong turn.

 "- alec benjamin, one wrong turn

i.

PRAPAI REALIZED HE forgot to ask the most important thing only once the doors to his office closed behind a flustered Sky. He was too distracted by the fact that the younger boy had willingly sought him out to see what was going on. Sky had always been so guarded, so unwilling to admit what he really felt, that it came as a surprise and was enough to make Pai throw every other coherent thought out the window.

What he forgot to ask was why Sky had disappeared on him on Sunday morning. He knew the boy didn't get a lot of sleep because he took his nursing role very seriously. Whenever Pai woke up throughout the night due to feeling uncomfortable with the bandage on his head, he'd see Sky scrolling through his phone with the brightness turned down so it wouldn't bother Pai. And whenever Pai stirred, Sky would put the phone down and adjust the pillows, pull the blanket back on Pai's body, stroke his hair. The hair thing... well, Pai didn't know why Sky was doing it, but he would be the last one to complain, really. But because of this he was worried when he didn't find Sky in his apartment in the morning, instead seeing a note that said Sky had something urgent to attend to but he left him his pills and some water on the nightstand. When Pai tried to call, it went straight to voicemail.

He knew it wasn't how Sky had expected to spend his weekend and he was painfully reminded of that when he needed to throw out the bloodstained clothes left in his bathroom. He remembered how pale Sky was, waiting for him with the blood still on his hands, shaking and talking just to talk. To fill the silence, to have something to do. And Pai wanted to apologize for it all, for putting Sky in that situation when all he wished was for the younger one to enjoy himself during the race. What was worse was the fact that Prapai knew Sky didn't blame him; he said so a hundred times that it was an accident and no one wanted it to happen. That he was glad Pai was okay. And maybe it was true, but it didn't stop Pai from blaming himself. He couldn't explain it, it's not like this was his first ruined date, probably not the last one either, but the fact that it was with Sky made Pai all uncomfortable in the weirdest of ways.

He took his phone out and quickly typed a message to Sky, a simple: was meaning to ask, were you okay on Sunday? He didn't get a reply but tried not to think too much of it, Sky probably just busied himself with work, so Pai decided to do the same as he did have the papers he needed to look through.

But when two hours had passed with nothing other than Namtan calling him to say he should stop being an idiot because he can't do everything alone, Pai left the office, keeping in mind his resolve to ignore his assistant. He could do everything alone, thank you very much.