iv. -- jinxed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER FOUR -- jinxed.
" why do i keep getting attracted?
i'm drawn to you like a magnet,
i cannot explain this reaction. "
- stray kids, case 143.

 "- stray kids, case 143

i.

THE SATURDAY EVENING found Sky in front of the mirror in his room with two different shirts in his hands, pressing them against his chest one by one and wondering which of them looked nicer. His first choice was the cute white top with a red long-sleeved sweater underneath; the top had a heart cut out at the front and it was one his favorite pieces of clothing. But... it probably wouldn't look well between motorbike racers, would it? Besides, the heart might have been a little too much when he actually thought about it.

"God, what the hell am I even doing?" Sky muttered with horror, meeting his gaze in the closet mirror. What he saw was a loopy looking guy with a small smile on his face, and he immediately scowled even though he was the only person in the room. "What am I looking forward to, exactly? Why am I trying so hard?"

He didn't have an answer to any of those questions. He agreed to meet Pai because he was excited about the race, but there was really no need to spend so much time on picking his outfit. There was also no need to wake up so early when they were supposed to meet at seven, but Sky spent the entire day in a daze, trying to focus on his school project and failing miserably. When he was out getting his lunch, P'Joy had asked if something good had happened lately because he seemed to have been in a better mood. She usually didn't see him so early on the weekends because Sky liked to lazy around, so she was curious. And it should have given him a clue that he was acting weird, but it didn't dawn on him until he actually calmed down enough to analyse this. It was ridiculous, he was ridiculous. But before he could spiral even more out of control, his phone started to ring on the desk, giving him a small heart attack.

He didn't recognize the number, so his hello was a little wary once he finally picked up the phone.

"Nong'Sky, I'll be at your place in a bit, just wanted to give you the heads up," a familiar voice came through the other end, making Sky frown as he moved the phone in front of him to check the number again.

"How did you get my number, P'Pai?" Sky asked because he was sure he didn't give it to the older man himself, which already made this call both surprising and annoying. Pai chuckled lowly and it seemed weirdly more intimate through the phone for some reason, making a small shiver run down Sky's back.

"I'm your boss, remember? The HR manager didn't even ask what I need it for."

"I hope you know this is inappropriate, not to mention stalkerish. Boss or not you still should have asked me first, especially since this isn't a business phone call," Sky said, entertaining the idea of hanging up immediately, but still waiting for an answer against his better judgment.