ii. -- no such thing as fate.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CHAPTER TWO —— 𝘯𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦.
" you picked a dance with the devil,
and you lucked out.
"
— chase atlantic, swim.

 "— chase atlantic, swim

i.

SKY LOOKED UP at the impossibly tall building in front of him, squinting his eyes a little at the rays of sunshine that were trying to peak from behind. The TEMPEST ARTS written in big crimson letters on the rooftop looked intimidating, just like the whole black construction; sixty-three floors with more windows than Sky could currently count without feeling dizzy, and it's not like he was scared of heights per se, but the thought that he'll have to spend every day above the fiftieth floor wasn't something he found comfort in. He couldn't even say that the building was ugly because it wasn't, and for some reason it was pissing him off. It looked elegant, like it should be used for things much more significant than making games and apps, and, majoring in architecture, Sky was already obsessed with the entire construction; he wondered if it would be considered too weird to try and ask for the blueprints... Maybe he could try to coerce Rain into asking his boyfriend that was some big-shot at the company? Just a little glance would absolutely be enough, he needed to know how they made the pilotis so thin while not making him scared shitless to walk underneath the building in hopes it won't fall on his head. It seemed crazy and...

"Sky? Sky! Hello?!"

A sudden voice right next to him was followed by a harsh slap on his shoulder, making Sky jump slightly with a gasp, arms automatically flying up to protect himself from whoever was too close for comfort. He knew it's ridiculous because he did recognize the voice, but he was caught so off guard that he didn't really think this through until he noticed the guilty look on his best friend's face.

"Sorry, you've been staring at this building so intently that you didn't hear me calling. Sorry," Rain repeated when all Sky did was blink back at him in a daze. He quickly tried to compose himself and shake the awful feeling off, smoothing down his white dress shirt.

"You're late, Rain. Eight minutes late," Sky said, purposefully making his voice sound more annoyed than he actually was. He was too mesmerized by the structure in front of him to really keep track of time, but he knew Rain wasn't going to show up on time, so he wanted to make a point. "Just because your boyfriend works here, doesn't mean you can show up whenever you want to."

"Shh!" Rain yelled with horror, clasping a hand over Sky's mouth as he looked around. Who did he expect to see? The FBI recording him? Sky frowned, slapping Rain's hand away. "I don't want anyone to know..."

Sky frowned at that. "You know, Rain, I've read the rules. There's not one about how employees can't date, so you're good. No need to be nervous about this," he added, because he didn't like to see Rain so distressed. His friend usually didn't worry about a thing, so it was also unnerving for Sky.