5. Kennedy

Thursday comes around and I plop myself down at my desk and cross my arms over my chest and wait for Mr. Hangdesh to stroll in with my explanation on the Japanese. However, a subsitute comes in to fill in for him. Devestated, I turn my head over to the boy who decided to seat himself next to me.
"New here?" I smile politely, trying to come off as friendly.
"No. I've been here all year." And although I see him try and smile at me, I can hear his voice break, just like his heart.
"Right." I nod my head and face the board again.
He's been here all year? I would've recogonized him. His jawline strong and sharp, with vibrant green-blue eyes that complimented his dirty blonde, ruffled yet straight hair that stood up in a messy quiff. His smile was wide with bright white, perfectly straight teeth. He's hard to ignore when he's all you want to look at. He's quite handsome.
"I'm Kennedy." I extend my arm towards him so he can shake it.
"I know who you are. Everyone does."
"Well we've never properly introduced eachother."
"I'm Christian." He takes a hold of my hand and shakes it nervously as if he's never shook someone's hand before.
"Shy. How cute." My eyes dart towards the newly written notes. From the corner of my eye, I can see him admiring my profile side view.
I wish I could like myself the way he likes me.