Chapter Six

Casey pushed and pulled the mop across the floor. At this point, he had already cleaned most of the kitchen by himself after Angelo ditched him.

He sighed and stopped mopping, leaned on the stick, and looked around at the kitchen. Everything was cleaned up. Could he stop now?

He hadn't even made that big of a mess. Angelo overreacted with the "Damn right you will!" and honestly? Angelo didn't seem to care too much about his kitchen if he ditched cleaning it a quarter through.

Casey's stomach growled, and he held a hand to it, wincing. It had been cramping all morning. He supposed that was his fault for smashing more food than he ate.

Glancing at the clock, Casey determined that it had already been an hour since Angelo left. It was 10:38 and all the turtles were still gone.

Well, almost all of them.

"Hey, Casey!"

"Oh," Casey said, standing up straight and leaning the mop on the counter, "hey, April."

April looked around the room, her hands on her hips. "Wow, this place looks awesome. pretty clean for a sewer!"

"Thanks! I had to make sure I checked everywhere since Angelo wasn't here to help."

"Did he leave?"

"Yeah, him and the other turtles, I think." Casey scratched his head and looked away from April.

"Where'd they go, do you know?" April asked, crossing her arms. It was subtle, but Casey felt slightly intimidated by it.

"No," he replied simply, turning away from the redhead.

"Oh. Okay." April paused. "Do you know where Donnie is?"

Casey felt a twinge of... something inside his chest. Near the middle, a sharp pain that made him want to throw up. But it was only there for a moment, and then it faded quickly, and Casey found himself wondering if he'd felt it at all.

"Uh, no," Casey muttered. "I don't know where anyone is, I've been cleaning."

April stared at him, then shrugged. "Yeah, that makes sense. Sorry to bother you."

As she turned to leave, Casey suddenly jerked forward and tapped her shoulder.

"Yeah?" April said, turning around.

"Uh." Why did he do that? He didn't have anything to say. "I saw a, um, a board game, earlier. Would you want to play?"

April grinned. "Sure!"

-

Donnie sat down on the floor and sighed. He was too tired to keep walking around. After he went to use the restroom for a minute, everyone was gone, and he wasn't able to find them anywhere.

So now, after a good fifteen minutes of walking around, Donnie was done looking. He was sick of walking and his feet were starting to hurt, so he was done. The turtles would come back when they were done with whatever they were doing.

Donnie smiled softly. He'd used the word "done" three times already. Maybe he should read a book. That would help expand his vocabulary. Well, expand it more than it was expanded already. He had to expand upon the expansion that was already expanded. That really expands the mind, huh?

He hadn't even realized his eyes were shut until he was in darkness, floating, nowhere. It was nice. It was quiet.

Wait, was it quiet?

There was a soft humming, like that of a machine, coming from somewhere closeby. Donnie opened his eyes.

He was home.