Chapter Nine

//Quick note: I have an Instagram in case you all want to see some concept art/scrapped plot ideas! It's jack.sportsy , same as my TikTok user. I'm going to be posting some designs, comics, etc. under the hashtag #tbetmnt (short for The Butterfly Effect). So, in case you want to see my art or make art you want me to see, then post it under that hashtag on either Instagram or TikTok! You can also tag me in the caption or comments and I'll see it. Okay, that's it! Enjoy :)

Mikey blinked.

Where was he?

It was cold.

His head hurt.

His eyes hurt.

His left arm hurt.

Mikey opened his eyes wider.

He couldn't see anything.

Was he blind?

...

..Was he dead?

No, he couldn't be.

Mikey tried to move his right arm. Was it moving? He relaxed it to see if he'd moved it at all.

He felt something hit his face.

"Ow," he muttered. Did he say that or did he think it?

He figured that he hit himself in the face with his arm. That was the most likely conclusion.

"Hello?" Mikey called out. There was an echo that replied back, mocking him, as nobody else said anything.

He brought his right arm down, dragging it off his face, then planted his hands on the ground and pushed himself up. A sudden pain stabbed up his left arm and he cried out, falling back down onto his shell.

"What the..." Mikey tried to look at his arm, squinting at it, but couldn't see it no matter how hard he tried. It was pitch black and he was terrified.

"Is there anybody here?!" he tried again. The fear of being alone and in the dark was starting to get to him, as he could both feel and hear the tears swelling in his eyes. His voice had cracked near the end, when he was pronouncing "here".

Mikey blinked, but not because his vision was blurry. He couldn't tell the difference either way, since there was nothing to be blurry. He just felt the tears filling his eyes and blinked, now feeling the damp cloth of his mask sticking to his skin.

Holding his left arm with his right, Mikey pulled himself to a lunging position and pushed himself up. Still, the boy couldn't see anything, but he was starting to get used to that.

He had given up on shouting for help. He was alone, and nobody was going to come and save him.

Mikey had to save himself.

So he did.

Making sure to keep his feet stuck to the ground so he didn't step on anything, Mikey shuffled forward, eyes widened despite not having any light. He kept his left arm pinned to his plastron, but used his right as a sort of walking cane, sweeping it out in front of his body to ensure he didn't run into a wall.

Sure enough, Mikey's hands brushed against something soft. It felt kind of like...

His eyes widened and his body stiffened.

...moss.

Mikey repeated some very vulgar words inside his head as he shuffled forwards faster, turning left and following the wall to, hopefully, some light.

Moss was starting to become a very bad symbol, especially after Mikey had been kidnapped and possibly held hostage by some sort of mosster. Of course, there was Mosster, the one Casey and Donnie had seen in the sewers, but there may be more. Casey had said Mosster may have babies, but Mikey figured Mosster was more likely to be the baby.