Chapter 11

One Week Later

"Okay, I think I have everything I need." says Lindsay. "You need anything else?"

"Nope, I'm good."

"Come on, you barely got anything." she says.

"I'm good with what I have, really." I laugh.

She links my arm with hers and we start walking home.

"So, if we're not even part of the band or anything, what are we going to be doing on tour?" I ask.

"That's the beauty of having the opener as your best friend." she says. "Alex is gonna hang out with us on his downtime. He won't be as busy as dad and the rest of the guys."

"Nellie!" a voice calls out.

"Is that Justin?" she whispers.

"Stay with me, please?" I ask, as Justin comes up to us.

Justin and I broke up about two weeks ago. He's spent almost every day after trying to call me or trying to see where I'm at so we could bump into each other.

"Nellie, hi!" he says.

"Hey!" we say.

And just like that, the air is filled with awkward silence.

"Great to see you going out." he says.

"Yeah, we thought a day out would be good for us." says Lindsay.

Again, awkward silence.

"I'm sorry, I meant to call." he says.

"No worries, we've been busy anyway." I say.

"Yeah, are you guys going to the concert tonight?" he asks.

"Yeah, we're leaving in a couple hours." says Lindsay. "Are you?"

"I wanted to but I couldn't get any tickets."

"Concerts in LA tend to get sold pretty quick." she says.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go but it was good seeing you both." he says.

We start walking home again, not letting each other go.

When we get home, we both quickly finish packing. Just in time to grab a quick shower and change into a fresh outfit. An off the shoulder top with blue jeans and sneakers.

I've always wanted to go to a BTR concert, but never in a million years did I think it would happen like this.

"Ladies, it's time to go!" calls dad.

I meet Lindsay in the hall and we both head downstairs to meet dad.

"One thing." he says, giving us backstage passes. "It's very important you do not lose these."

"Got it." says Lindsay. I simply nod in understanding.

We ended up having a driver take us to the venue. The concert doesn't start for a couple more hours, yet the line was already ridiculously long.

"A guard is going to walk you guys in. Do not let go of him." says dad.

He opens the door and we are met with screaming fans. I follow Lindsay and meet with a huge bodyguard, who leads us inside.

"Wow." I say, when I see one of the girls faint.

"You ladies can come to the lounge area backstage." says the guard.

We start walking down the hallway until we see a room with a couch, snack table and a tv screen. There are also curtains which I'm assuming leads to the stage.