Chapter 28

(Part 2 to the last chapter! :) )

Nellie's P.O.V.

After rehearsals, we all quickly jumped into hair and make up. Everything was so surreal, so I'm grateful wardrobe had chosen an outfit for us ahead of time. Lyndsay and I had matching dresses, black sequined evening gowns with spaghetti straps.

Gustavo had us all take his limo to the venue, dropping us off right at the start of the red carpet.

There were hundreds of people waiting to get in and dozens of reporters wanting to cross the velvet ropes. I tried to look away, not wanting to lose my vision to the many camera flashes.

The show itself wasn't so bad. It was cool being able to see some of my favorite celebrities win some awards.

Later

It was nearing the end of the night, which meant it was time for us to sneak off to the back to change into our performing outfits. A black off the shoulder blouse with white jeans and matching sneakers.

Dad, Camille and Alex helped us out with our ear monitors and just in time, too, because the host had began announcing us.

"Tonight, we have the tightest race for Awesomest Song." he says. "Between Savannah Silvers, Vanessa Hawk and Lyndsay and Nellie Mitchell, who will take home the gold? But first here are your favorite duo with 'Fire'!"

Our performance went off without a hitch, just like we rehearsed. Savannah performed after us and finally, Vanessa was the final act before the award was announced.

"And to announce this year's winner for Awesomest Song, please welcome Big Time Rush!"

The crowd went crazy as dad and them ran out to the stage.

"Your votes are in! You know what that means!" says uncle Carlos, hyping everyone.

"It is our honor to present the award for this year's Awesomest Song!" says uncle Kendall, passing the envelope to dad.

"This is it!" we say, holding onto each other tightly.

"Hey, whatever happens next, we're all proud of you both." says Camille, as Alex takes one of my hands in his.

"This year's Teen Choice Award for Awesomest Song goes to..." says dad, opening the envelope. There's an inhumanly wide smile on his face just before he speaks again. "Lyndsay and Nellie Mitchell!"

My heart skips a beat and I find myself speechless, glued to the floor.

"You did it!" Camille and Alex cheer.

"Go on, go accept your purple rockets!" Alex encourages us.

Lyndsay and I run up to the guys, as dad engulfs us in a tight hug.

"I knew you could do it!" he says, not letting us go.

The lack of air is what split us up, so we could finally hold our purple rocket.

"Thank you, thank you guys so much!" I say into the mic.

"Absolutely none of this could have happened without your love and support, this award is as much yours as it is ours!" says Lyndsay.

"Thank you so much!" we say, holding our purple rockets in the air.

After our segment, the host closed the show. We figured getting out of the parking lot would be... a whole thing, so we stayed behind for a bit to pack up.

"I hear congratulations are in order." says Alex, sneaking up behind me.

I smile widely as he takes me in his arms, kissing me.

"Can you believe-"

"Are you really asking? Yes!" he says, hugging me tightly. "Enjoy but don't rest too long, your work is just beginning."

"What do you mean?"

Alex looks confused and turns up to dad.

"They don't kn-?"

"We were going to save it for later." he shrugs. "Either to soften the blow or as an additional celebration."

"Save what?"

Everyone around us suddenly smiled widely.

"We're going on tour again." says uncle Carlos.

"And we would love it if you two opened for us." says uncle Kendall.

"That's not funny." we say.

"They're not joking." says dad.

"Seriously, I was there when they were talking about it." says Alex, leaving us speechless.

"We're opening for Big Time Rush?!"