"I had the best friends in the world."

Spa qualis we're finally here. I was so excited, I wanted to see him.

The day was really windy and it was pouring. I had a jacket on but I was freezing. I was making my way to the McLaren garage. This time I was watching it from their pitbox, Lando wanted me there.

Coco and Heidi were at the Aston Martin garage. Luisa would get here until sunday for the race.

I hugged myself as I increased my pace. I saw a familiar face and a smile brightened up my face.

"Mick." I called him and he spotted me, a smile appearing on his face too when he saw me.

"Brin." He walked quickly towards me and wrapped me in a hug. "God, I missed you so much." He whispered.

I closed my eyes feeling the warmth of his body. If I could, I'd stay like this forever.

"Where are you watching the race from?" He asked.

"From the McLaren pitbox. Lando wanted me there." I replied and saw his face drop a little but he regained his posture and crossed his arms.

"Oh, great." I noticed the fake smile but didn't give it too much though.

"Great." I smiled a little bit.

We stayed in an awkward silence. I sighed and looked at the ground.

"Do you..." Mick started saying and scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Do you wanna like...go somewhere after qualis?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Of course." I smiled.

"Great." His cheeks were rosy.

"I need to go, I'll see you." I kissed his cheek and walked off.

I turned to look at him and saw a smile on his face, he was absolutely frozen. I smiled and chuckled softly as I kept making my way to the pitbox. I finally got there and walked in.

I sighed in relief when I felt the warmth of the place.

"Brin, how are you?" Zak greeted me.

"Freezing." I replied jokingly and he chuckled.

"Lando's been impatiently waiting for you." He mentioned and I shook my head smiling.

"Sounds like him."

"The kiddo's over there." Zak pointed at the corner of the garage where Lando was sat with his headphones on and his eyes closed.

"Thanks." I smiled a little bit and he nodded.

I walked towards Lando and kneeled down besides the curly boy. He kept his eyes closed, not noticing my presence. I waved my hand in front of his face and chuckled softly when he didn't acknowledge my presence.

"Boo!" I yelled putting my hands on his shoulders abruptly.

He gasped and jumped startled. I laughed and he glared at me.

"You idiot." He pulled my arm making me stumble towards him. "I missed you." He tousled my hair with his other hand.

"I heard." I replied and he chuckled.

"Lando, we need you in the car." A mechanic told him and Lando looked up at him, pulling his headphones down.

"I'll be there in a sec." He replied and the guy nodded and walked off.

"The weather conditions are horrible. Is it safe?" I asked looking at the rain pouring down.

"I don't know." He replied honestly and I bit my tongue nervously. "Hey." He called me and I looked at him. "I'll be fine." He assured.