Chapter four: Where it ends, or where it begins?

It had to be at least a few minutes since Bucky was just standing there stupid. Soon he broke out of his trance, murmuring under his breath, grabbing an ice pack from your freezer, holding it to his bruising cheek. He decided he would be oh so the gentleman and grab a wet cloth to wipe your hand.

Instead of a cloth he grabbed a paper towel, even though he just rummaged through your freezer like he lived here. He wet the towel before walking back over, holding his metal hand out for you.

"Uh uh, I'm a big girl. I can do this myself." your head shook as you chuckled, glaring at him. Bucky let out a long groan, rolling his eyes behind the lids, staring at you before he yanked your hand and held your wrist tightly. Pressing the cool cloth against your knuckles, he heard a hiss come from your lips.

"Jesus doll, I get that we're broken up. Doesn't mean you have to reject my help. I'm not gonna inject something into your hand and knock you out." The brunette spoke through gritted teeth, he was over the act of you trying to be tough. You may not have been married for long, but he could see right through you. Easily.

"Actually it doesn't mean I have to, it just means I want to. In case you couldn't tell." he was also done with your snide remarks. He was so over it. You wanted to pick a fight, well now you got it.

Bucky angrily took his hand off of yours, pinching the bridge of his nose while he took a deep breath. Following one of the only things his therapist had said, though right now he didn't think it was helping to much.

"Jesus alright! You know what fine! You wanna start this let's go, let's start it. At the beginning, at all of it. Cmon then doll! Let's talk about us breaking up, let's talk about me not paying attention to you! I wanna talk!" anger spewed through his words, his fists clenched tightly together while his eyes stared at you, a void, as if they'd been deprived of something so much needed. As if they'd been deprived of you.

Now it was your turn to stare at him in disbelief. Not once, not one time during your whole relationship had he ever raised his voice, so loud, so full of despise and malice. It made your body shudder slightly, looking at him while your eyes blinked, swallowing hard. Well it's safe to say that this is definitely not what you thought would happen.

"Go on! Cmon then! Let's talk it out, we obviously never did that enough when we were married."

"Bucky I think-"

"No, no don't fuckin' think, say it doll. Say. It."

Your brain was seriously short circuiting, little "uh"s and "well"s came from your mouth while your brain struggled to formulate a response to his brashness of his words and tone.

Slowly when you processed everything, you realized what was happening. You were getting a chance, to say everything he did wrong to cause the split. That definitely had your mind sparked your once you simplified it up for yourself. Slowly you took a big breath, staring at Bucky's completely pupil blown eyes from anger.

"You wanna know? Fine. Just don't get all emotional on me when I tell you. You're a work addict Bucky. You can't take a day off if you wanted too, you're- you're so addicted that you didn't even have time to pay attention to your wife! Barely after a week back from our honeymoon! A week! I used our break up as a warning sign Bucky, I still do, if I fall in love to quickly I lose my mind. I go insane because you, you brought this on. A month straight you went to work, I tried everything. Seduction, maybe love I thought would work a little? Right? No. Nothing worked. You were over it and I wasn't. But I threw in the towel. I cried, and I cried for weeks, I had to raise a baby on my own, I swear my mental state was down the chute and I couldn't bring it back up. Aphrodite was the only thing I had when I needed someone most. I won't let you take her too."

All he could do was listen to your words, let them sink into him and shake his soul. That's all he could do. He couldn't move, couldn't tear his eyes away from you. This really was all his fault wasn't it? He was such a workaholic he didn't even pay attention to his now ex-wife. The name just now sunk in. You weren't his anymore. You were the worlds. He couldn't wake up to kiss you. You were really gone and he just realized that now.

He had to fix this, he needed to fix this. His family he needed back with him, not a quarter of it. He just met Aphrodite and he felt more of a connection with anyone else than he did with her, besides you. Bucky needed to start working on it and he needed to start working now. He would win you back, no matter how long it took. You would be his again, he needed you to be, or for him, all hell would rise without you. The nightmares had already started again, he needed you to come home to him.

***

WORD COUNT: 924